By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima assures more titles will be announced for 2018, more

curl-6 said:
Medisti said:

Then don't say "nothing worthwhile" as a generalization if you mean "nothing worthwhile for me."

I'm hoping for a Super Mario Maker port myself.

Isn't it kind of a given that what I'm saying is my opinion? When I say "nothing worthwhile" surely the "for me" or "IMHO" is clearly implied.

Obviously not :p

Around the Network
NightlyPoe said:

I saw this. My immediate thought is that they have a port or two that they didn't want to drop during E3.

It'd be nice if they dropped in Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Metroid Prime Trilogy.

I'd love to get TMS if they make a version that wasn't butchered. Aging up the characters, fine. They even had the VAs record new dialogue so it fit. No problem with that. It was the inconsistent nonsense like having smoke censor breasts (not even nude breasts, mind you) that are then UNCOVERED in the battle a second later. Like. Why? It has the honor of being the only used game I've bought in the last five years, because I refused to give them a penny for that.

curl-6 said:
Medisti said:

Please stop perpetuating the ignorant idea that "indie" is a genre.

And I'm not sure how many "not worthwhile" ports need to sell another million for people to realize how bad the Wii U bombed and how there are more Switch owners now than Wii U owners ever who have never played those games.

I never said "indie" was a genre. Frankly I don't care whether other people skipped the Wii U; I didn't, I played all its worthwhile games years ago, so regurgitating them now in place of new content does nothing for me.

That's fair. And you could've avoided the discussion  with Medisti entirely, if you just had it a little differently said:

Most likely more old ports and indies, so probably nothing worthwhile for me.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

For the record let it be known that henceforth unless noted otherwise, my posts are my personal opinions. Though I really don't see how this even needs to be stated.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 04 July 2018

curl-6 said:
For the record let it be stated that henceforth unless noted otherwise, my posts are my personal opinions. Though I really don't see how this even needs to be stated.

It doesn't. Certain users just can't handle the fact that you write like a human being instead of a robot tip toeing around glass shards. My guess is they feel insecure about the generalization, so they automatically assume you are arrogant or ignorant (or both). It shouldn't need a declaration that a comment you wrote is an opinion. 

Around the Network

i think they might/could squeeze in a AA game......

Switch!!!

Some ports would be nice. Give us Xenoblade Chronicles X, Pikmin 3, Windwaker HD, Super Mario 3D World, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. After that I'd be able to get my Wii U out of my house, since there'd be almost no games exclusively for it. Owning a Wii U feels like owning a Sega Saturn.

P.S. Curl shouldn't have to state that his opinion is an opinion. Nobody should have to state every last obvious bit about what they're trying to say. Yes, some people will misinterpret, but those people don't know how to read.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
curl-6 said:
For the record let it be stated that henceforth unless noted otherwise, my posts are my personal opinions. Though I really don't see how this even needs to be stated.

It doesn't. Certain users just can't handle the fact that you write like a human being instead of a robot tip toeing around glass shards. My guess is they feel insecure about the generalization, so they automatically assume you are arrogant or ignorant (or both). It shouldn't need a declaration that a comment you wrote is an opinion. 

You guessed wrongly, then.

routsounmanman said:
snyps said:
Those third parties are never coming back :(

I’m just venting. I wish we’d get red dead2 gta v and shenmue 3. Every other possible announcement will be underwhelming for me.

Well I can see Shenmue 3 and GTAV but I think RDR2 is quite impossible. Maybe too much for the little hybrid to handle.

GTA V would be plenty of a surprise. Sadly it’s never going to happen. Regardless of technical capability, r* north and San Diego straight up boycott Nintendo. The fact that shenmue 3 isn’t coming is a bad sign indicating that your typical third party sees the system as a poor investment. 

People here say they can easily get those 20 million in this fiscal year, but I can't see it. Not with this lineup.
Maybe Nintendo is finally realizing they can't either.
The thing is, who knows what they have. Maybe a game they planned to release in 2019, but is now coming in the current fiscal year? They still have Super Mario 3D World and New Super Mario Bros. to port, those games can sell systems. What I know is that 2018 has been a huge disappointment so far and I hope they don't get to sell those 20 million Switches so they can finally step up their game in terms of software release.