By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bethesda planing more games for the Switch, but Fallout 4 is not one of them

I don't see how that can be much of a surprise to anyone. At the very least, it would take a lot of time, effort, and resources to get Fallout 4 running on the Switch. Even if they could, where is the line for how much it's okay to cut and scale back? What if they committed those resources only to discover that they just can't get it to work well enough without damaging the integrity of the game to the point that customers would be angry and upset? Maybe they already put some work into it and didn't like the results?

Personally, I don't see how they could do it. Fallout 4 has an insane amount of objects that it tracks, WAY more than previous games, plus the dated game engine is inefficient in many regards. They dropped PS3 and 360 support because it just wasn't going to work.

Assigning blame or trying to use this as some kind of proof of negligence seems silly.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
I don't see how that can be much of a surprise to anyone. At the very least, it would take a lot of time, effort, and resources to get Fallout 4 running on the Switch. Even if they could, where is the line for how much it's okay to cut and scale back? What if they committed those resources only to discover that they just can't get it to work well enough without damaging the integrity of the game to the point that customers would be angry and upset? Maybe they already put some work into it and didn't like the results?

Personally, I don't see how they could do it. Fallout 4 has an insane amount of objects that it tracks, WAY more than previous games, plus the dated game engine is inefficient in many regards. They dropped PS3 and 360 support because it just wasn't going to work.

Assigning blame or trying to use this as some kind of proof of negligence seems silly.

It would have been more likely if the game was a 60fps title on Xbox One, but that simply isn't the case, it will actually drop to 20-25fps.
Even if they scale back the visuals significantly... It will still be a hard task to port to Switch.

With that in mind... You are exactly right, the game engine is extremely inefficient, it needs a massive overhaul again.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

routsounmanman said:
I think they're almost done with the Switch. Technologically they're going into a phase where their new games won't run on it, and they sure as hell won't prioritise Nintendo over Sony or Microsoft.

Tbh third party devs will probably support the PS4/One for atleast 2 years after the release of PS5 like they do all the time and with games taking longer and longer to make. If Switch can get Bethesda support for another like 3 years that would be pretty great tbh and maybe they will end up making a AA game for it or something if sales are following ? 

Also, it won't be long till we see more exclusives from other devs like SE and ubisoft since the console is selling really well and the games on it too compare to the Wii/Wii U.

I wonder if Bethesda was satisfied with the sales of Skyrim and Doom on the Switch. The latter specially was kind of a laggard.

NoirSon said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Lip-service again. Bethesda has just spent E3 like Switch barely existed. Until there's any significant announcement, they seem much more interested in PS5 than Switch.

To be fair, aside from some Nintendo titles, Bomberman R, Mario + Rabbids and Octopath Traveler what significant original game has been announced or brought to the Switch that's  from a major 3rd party publisher that isn't a port or multi platform game?

Yokai Watch, Shin Megami Tensei V

Around the Network

Given Elderscrolls VI is like 5 years away, would be nice to get a remaster/remake of Oblivion & Morrowind

xMetroid said:
KrspaceT said:
As long as Bethesda realizes Switch interest isn't just Fallout Shelter type games.

Yea not like they ported 3 AAA already in 8 months

I agree. Bethesda had exceptional support for a new Nintendo system. Actually, of the third-parties Bethesda, Sega and NamcoBandai supported the Switch pretty well and give no reason for complaint.

flashfire926 said:
So far Bethesda has released these:
DOOM
Skyrim
Wolfenstein II
Fallout Shelter

And these are the confirmed upcoming games:
The Elder Scrolls Legends

And based on their output, here's what I think is the most likely to happen on Switch:
DOOM: Eternal
Wolfenstein Youngblood (there are already rumors of a switch port for this
The Elder Scrolls Blades (the mobile game)

Hmm, not sure about your upcoming list. Oh well, the mobile game might happen. But the shooters I'm not so sure about. Doom didn't sell too well. But maybe porting them at this point is low effort enough and Bethesda realizes that you shape a userbase by released games, so if they release their shooters they create a userbase that appreciates their shooters.

flashfire926 said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Lip-service again. Bethesda has just spent E3 like Switch barely existed. Until there's any significant announcement, they seem much more interested in PS5 than Switch.

It's not lip service, and it never was. Bethesda actually delivered triple A games on Switch. Besides, all of the big Bethesda' announcements for Switch have been done in Nintendo's own directs, not in Bethesda's E3, as we saw last year. 

I agree. I think they might announce something outside of E3.

routsounmanman said:
I think they're almost done with the Switch. Technologically they're going into a phase where their new games won't run on it, and they sure as hell won't prioritise Nintendo over Sony or Microsoft.

I don't see that. So far their support was pretty well. No, they still could do remasters of older games (Fallout, TES) or make spinoff games with Switch in mind.

NoirSon said:
ryuzaki57 said:

To be fair, aside from some Nintendo titles, Bomberman R, Mario + Rabbids and Octopath Traveler what significant original game has been announced or brought to the Switch that's  from a major 3rd party publisher that isn't a port or multi platform game?

Actually, if Nintendo platform or not, which nre system gets significant support in the first year which isn't multiplat or late port. I think three original games is already pretty good. Remember, among the first big games for PS4 and XB1 were Tomb Raider and GTA V. So this amount of ports is normal. More interesting is, how it develops from here on out.

Green098 said:

I think Bethesda might focus on games built from the ground up for Switch going forward. Maybe they could get there hands on a Nintendo IP.

I'm not sure about Nintendo IP (the most I can think of is a multiplat that has on Switch some Nintendo IP gimmick, like Star Fox in Starlink), but I agree, Bethesda might design some of their upcoming IPs with Switch in mind. Still multiplats, but running on Switch. As Starlink.

NightDragon83 said:
Fallout 3 / NV is much more likely than Fallout 4 on Switch. Bethesda should bring Dishonored 1+2 to the Switch as well.

Dishonored is a Bethesda IP? Wasn't aware. And I agree, remasters of older Fallout titles and apparently Dishonored would be good and seeing the sales of Skyrim could go pretty well. Hell, I would totally go for a remaster of an older TES-title.

morenoingrato said:
I wonder if Bethesda was satisfied with the sales of Skyrim and Doom on the Switch. The latter specially was kind of a laggard.

Skyrim did pretty well for a late port. Enough to justify porting. Doom, well that was not so good. I suspect shooters generally do not too well on Switch.

Well, overall I think Bethesda has done good support of Switch so far, and I suspect they aren't done yet. I think remasters of Fallout 3/NV, Oblivion/Morrorwind or Dishonored might be possible. Also some new multiplat game which includes Switch (like Starlink). And they port their mobile offerings, because why not.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

routsounmanman said:
NoirSon said:

Yokai Watch, Shin Megami Tensei V

@NoirSon

and Bayonetta 3, and No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again, lmao. 

Bomberman R, Mario + Rabbids, Octopath Traveler, Bayonetta 3, No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again, Shin Megami Tensei V, Yokai  Watch and the "Nintendo titles" like Fire Emblem Warriors (and maybe Smash Bros counts as 3rd Party developed?). The problem with the Switch is in no way a lack of third party original games. They just don't seem like a lot because they're being spread out across probably 2.5 years, but that's actually a shit ton. 

Nuvendil said:
xMetroid said:

Yea not like they ported 3 AAA already in 8 months

To be fair, Activision brought 2 CoDs to the Wii U and we all know how that relationship ended up.

But I think Bethesda will do fine on Switch.  Doom 2 and the Wolf 2 follow up are imo very likely.  Fallout 4 might not be planned now but I wouldn't be shocked if it shows up.  Remember Wolfenstein 2 wasn't even brought up for Switch when it was revealed at E3 2017 and well here we are.  

Yes we know, but we also know that Switch didnt died in its first year like Wii U.

routsounmanman said:

Thats hardly case and they would hardly said they planing more games in the future, PS4/XB1 will getting games from them at least 2-3 years more so Switch ports can be done, also they can port some of their older games also. They are prioritse Sony and MS even now and all the time but that doesnt mean that Switch want get some ports, if you look they ports are done buy 3rd party company and they and they don't doing them alone, they just pay other company to port game for Switch and they have free hands.

morenoingrato said:

They said they are satisfied with sales on Switch.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 30 June 2018

Personaly I would love to see ports/remasters of some older games like Fallout3/New Vegas, or maybe even Oblivion,
games like Dishonored, Evil Within and Prey would also be welcomed.