Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: "MHW can't be done on Switch." But might make a Switch specific MH game. (Rumor)

This was supposedly said during a shareholder meeting. Some of it was made public.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/25/switch-may-have-its-own-monster-hunter-game-in-addition-to-generations-ultimate/

The reason given was that the game simply wasn’t possible on the system. However, Capcom did say that the Switch might see some sort of Monster Hunter game outside of Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate in the future.

The info about them making a Switch specific Monster Hunter came from various people tweeting about it, so I'll treat it as a rumor.

But that's what I figured they would do. And that might just work out for the best for everyone.

Last edited by Hiku - on 27 June 2018

Around the Network

As expected on both fronts, the Switch can't handle MHW but Switch is too popular to ignore. Guess Monster Hunter 5 incoming

Nothing to see here, move along

Why does the thread title say "will" which implies certainty, but the actual text says "might" which implies uncertainty?

im down, keep a MHW series going on ps4, give switch its own series, ill buy them all

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Megiddo said:
Why does the thread title say "will" which implies certainty, but the actual text says "might" which implies uncertainty?

Well, that was based on the quote from the tweet. Even the text conserning that issue from Siliconera seems to be unconfirmed (I don't see it in the Q&A they linked to), but I suppose if there's been some misinterpretation, "might" sounds like a more plausible term they would use in a situation like this. So I'll edit that part.

melbye said: 
As expected on both fronts, the Switch can't handle MHW but Switch is too popular to ignore. Guess Monster Hunter 5 incoming

Yeah, either 5, or call it Monster Hunter Switch.

Last edited by Hiku - on 27 June 2018

Around the Network

Nice what I wanted to hear? No port but a new game instead . I got tired of the MHW port beg even though they were extremely few ?

My xbl:dx11332sega

My second Xbl:Segasaturnsan

My psn:Segasaturnsan

My Nintendo Friend Code:1302-4985-4999

My Steam:dx11332sega

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

Specific? Like the piece of trash they are porting over?
I'm down as it doesn't look like a 3DS game.

morenoingrato said:
Specific? Like the piece of trash they are porting over?
I'm down as it doesn't look like a 3DS game.

Seems to be referring to a MH game built from the ground up for Switch. So they wouldn't have to cut corners or content to make it function properly, and it could also possibly take advantage of some of the unique aspects of the system. 

Sounds good to me.

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

There was a thread about a rumor of a PS4 MH Game (which came true) and a New MH game on the Switch.

Pocky Lover Boy!