By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: "MHW can't be done on Switch." But might make a Switch specific MH game. (Rumor)

dx11332sega said:
You know what would be a WTF moment ? Is If they announce Monster Hunter World 2 as Xbox One / PS4 / PC and also announce a Switch Monster Hunter from ground up at next E3? It might happen ? It'll please everyone.

Yeah. Including Capcom's developers. 

Around the Network

Exactly as I predicted. Switch can't handle mh5 and they'd be crazy to ignore the next gen Nintendo handheld so will obviously make a new mh for it. Many disagreed but looks like I was right again.

routsounmanman said:
John2290 said:
Damn, I might have to try MHW once it gets its next sale, I initially wrote it off after an hour with the beta as a HD MH but watching it and reading of the mechanics over the last few days has really peaked my interest, especially in terms of the AI and environmental elements they've implemented, I can see why they can't down port this. It's great to see developers make use of power that isn't simply graphics focused and if I werent on a bit of a frugal stint I'd buy full price to support this.... not that it needs my support, mind.

I think it actually is MH in HD. I bought it along with my PS4 Pro a while back, and while some quality of life improvements are implemented, I was overall disappointed. Same old MH, with a fresh coat of paint.

OP: I wouldn't trust Capcom with anything at this point. I can picture them taking MHW, hacking at stuff (resolution, textures, AI, shadows, etc) until it runs at a respectable frame rate, then call it quits. And then they brainstorm a chibi version of MH for the Switch, to "better fit the demographic".

wouldn't trust them either, on the other hand it could be true somehow since MHW would sell on Switch, didn't try the game yet so I can't really comment on advanced the use of AI seems

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Barkley said:
Matador said:

Makes sense since Capcom  made all M H games except the first one exclusive to Nintendo D S 

I assume you meant 3DS not DS, but no... the first two were on PS2 and there were 3 titles on PSP (4 if you count 2/unite as seperate.) Some titles were also on PS3/360/PC/Wii/WiiU

Yes I meant 3DS. Thank you for correcting me... Just wanted to make a point that CAPCOM has a history developing MH games on Nintendo platforms

Azuren said:
melbye said:
As expected on both fronts, the Switch can't handle MHW but Switch is too popular to ignore. Guess Monster Hunter 5 incoming

Monster Hunter World is Monster Hunter 5 according to Capcom.

I wasn't entirely sure if they were serious when they said that, but if MHW is indeed MH5 then they could always resurrect the Freedom-series or something

Around the Network

"can't be done on Switch" doesn't mean "Switch can't handle it (graphically.)" Is there any further statements as to why Capcom can't do it from this briefing? If not, it's certainly possible it could be done, but it can't and won't for business-related reasons.

To be honest, I couldn't care less. Capcom already lost a big swath of cash from skimping on Switch and if they want to regain that in the future, they'll find a way.

Kerotan said:
Exactly as I predicted. Switch can't handle mh5 and they'd be crazy to ignore the next gen Nintendo handheld so will obviously make a new mh for it. Many disagreed but looks like I was right again.

Capcom also apparently couldn't make RE7 to work on the Switch natively so they made the cloud version. They must be right, right? 

Just because Capcom is lazy af and stupid doesn't automatically mean MHW cannot work on Switch. I have played the game, please point me to the things that simply could not work on the Switch. You apparently have some developer knowledge.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
routsounmanman said:

I think it actually is MH in HD. I bought it along with my PS4 Pro a while back, and while some quality of life improvements are implemented, I was overall disappointed. Same old MH, with a fresh coat of paint.

OP: I wouldn't trust Capcom with anything at this point. I can picture them taking MHW, hacking at stuff (resolution, textures, AI, shadows, etc) until it runs at a respectable frame rate, then call it quits. And then they brainstorm a chibi version of MH for the Switch, to "better fit the demographic".

wouldn't trust them either, on the other hand it could be true somehow since MHW would sell on Switch, didn't try the game yet so I can't really comment on advanced the use of AI seems

Animations are almost as stiff and 2000s as the PSP games, only quicker. The AI is almost not existant as well. Just a shiny coat over same MH mechanics (which is more than fine by me btw, I love MH, but so far from the revelation many claimed MHW to be).

Azzanation said:

In other we words "MHW will cost too much to optimise on the Switch so we wont waste our resources" expect MH5 on both Switch and 3DS.

Capcom had already confirmed that MHW is MH5.

melbye said:
Azuren said:

Monster Hunter World is Monster Hunter 5 according to Capcom.

I wasn't entirely sure if they were serious when they said that, but if MHW is indeed MH5 then they could always resurrect the Freedom-series or something

Is was an official statement in response to fan questions, so I'm pretty sure it was serious.

I think it'd be better to call this the Generations series- Generations 2, Generations 3, etc.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

That's good. You wouldn't want Capcom to stream MHW on NS lol