By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch owners; thoughts on Starlink Battle of Atlas?

i’ll get it when it’s cheap. so maybe 3 years down the line.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
I'm not making a point, I'm sharing my thoughts on the game. You're actually wrong though, the game comes packaged with some toys for $75, then there's exclusive content in the additional toys that you'll have to buy if you want the full experience.

There's been confirmation that you could buy the game without the toys though ... and by that I guess they meant the digital (inferior) version of course.

Source? Even with that being true, I'm still not interested in paying full price for a game where core content was intentionally stripped out.

Could care less for a game that has toys. It looked interesting, and i'm a little confused as to what console they were using for game play because the graphics look shit, and it wouldn't make sense to use Nintendo Switch game play if it is also on the Xbox one X.
The voice acting in the trailer was cringy and very low quality. I also feel like this game is going to be broken at launch. Unless Nintendo fans have low standards for games, this one doesn't look so good.

I don't know about Starlink.

Preordered it already. Gameplay looks pretty solid and the fact all the toys to life aspect is completely optional (can get everything digitally) is pretty awesome.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

It looks realy good. Oddly enough, the only reason I'm not interested is because it's a Toys to Life game. Those are money drainers.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Mar1217 said:

Though, you can play the game without buying the toys, so your point is ?

I'm not making a point, I'm sharing my thoughts on the game. You're actually wrong though, the game comes packaged with some toys for $75, then there's exclusive content in the additional toys that you'll have to buy if you want the full experience.

The toys are optional. You can buy all the toys digitally in game;

JSG87 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

The toys are optional. You can buy all the toys digitally in game;

Just like all the other cosmetic microtransactions that we're bitching so much over...

Content cut is content cut. Whether it's called Starlink toys, amiibo or skins.

I like game for now.

Last E3 I mainly took away the Toy to Life aspect and was uninterested. This time they showed actual gameplay - and it was interesting. Still I wish you could have mission on the face of the planets. But there are good things: the whole system is open world, the world develops even outside of what you do and so on. I am now intrigued. Still need to see more.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]