By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch owners; thoughts on Starlink Battle of Atlas?

For everyone asking about the toy to life experience. It is optional to have physical toys (you still have all the content if you want it)

From their website :
«
Q. Do I need the modular toys to play Starlink: Battle for Atlas?

A. No. Each starship, pilot, and weapon in Starlink: Battle for Atlas is available for purchase in physical and digital formats. All Starter Pack physical starships, weapons, and pilots are permanently unlocked digitally as well.

Additionally, all physical toys unlock their digital counterparts for a period of time when connected via the controller mount, letting you play how you want, when you want.

»

Around the Network

The game does indeed look promising.And honestly, I dont see how people are mistaking it for a No Mans Sky clone.It dosent look anything like that game.

But the problem is the toys.Not only they make the game more expensive to buy, but it takes of pieces of the game and put it behind paywalls, which completely sucks.I may buy it eventually, but only when its discounted.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
The game does indeed look promising.And honestly, I dont see how people are mistaking it for a No Mans Sky clone.It dosent look anything like that game.

But the problem is the toys.Not only they make the game more expensive to buy, but it takes of pieces of the game and put it behind paywalls, which completely sucks.I may buy it eventually, but only when its discounted.

Yeah, I agree. Based on the footage I've seen, it looks to have potential. However, the toys-to-life thing is a big turn-off.

As of now, I have no interest in the game. I would rather just have a legit Fox Sequel...not another remake...a full blown continuation and evolutionof the IP without tedious gimmicks.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

So are the toy contents even necessary at all, like just some additional ships and fighters etc., or is the base toy truly relevant? Does anybody know?

Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

Around the Network
jenpol said:
For everyone asking about the toy to life experience. It is optional to have physical toys (you still have all the content if you want it)

From their website :
«
Q. Do I need the modular toys to play Starlink: Battle for Atlas?

A. No. Each starship, pilot, and weapon in Starlink: Battle for Atlas is available for purchase in physical and digital formats. All Starter Pack physical starships, weapons, and pilots are permanently unlocked digitally as well.

Additionally, all physical toys unlock their digital counterparts for a period of time when connected via the controller mount, letting you play how you want, when you want.

»
That doesn't sound like it changes much, you'd still have to pay additional cost for cut content.

Getting the Switch version because of the Arwing. :D Oh, and the game itself looks awesome too. :)

Mar1217 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Still using toys, so I still don't care.                             

Though, you can play the game without buying the toys, so your point is ?

I hope so. I don't want the clutter.

looks interesting but seems more expensive than other toys to life games i have. will probably get once its around $40 add to my kids collections of skylanders,lego dimension,disney infinity figurines

The treehouse showing made it a must buy for me! Starfox exclusive missions as well is the icing on the cake. The gameplay looks really fun.

1doesnotsimply