By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch owners; thoughts on Starlink Battle of Atlas?

I must have missed it, will check it out tonight.

Around the Network
JSG87 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
I'm not making a point, I'm sharing my thoughts on the game. You're actually wrong though, the game comes packaged with some toys for $75, then there's exclusive content in the additional toys that you'll have to buy if you want the full experience.

The toys are optional. You can buy all the toys digitally in game;

Is paying for content that forms the core of the gameplay optional, or do I literally have to pay for every ship/part?

Not really interested for the same reasons stated by others. No like No Mans Sky, no like toys and or digital toys as dlc bussiness model.

The game looked interesting to me when I first saw it, but the Toys to Life part makes me hesitant. I might give it a shot in a few years when I can get it all cheap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vFYZOEsDO8

Decent chunk of gameplay here. Looks pretty good, even though it's not my usual type of game.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

I think the game looks great. A space shooting game where you can travel through space and enter any planet at will. With great visual design, lots of different enemies, what seems a decent story and tons of different ships and weapons to unlock either with the toys or ingame, each one with its own strenghts and weaknesses. I was in even before I knew about the Star Fox partnership.

For everyone asking about the toy to life experience. It is optional to have physical toys (you still have all the content if you want it)

From their website :
«
Q. Do I need the modular toys to play Starlink: Battle for Atlas?

A. No. Each starship, pilot, and weapon in Starlink: Battle for Atlas is available for purchase in physical and digital formats. All Starter Pack physical starships, weapons, and pilots are permanently unlocked digitally as well.

Additionally, all physical toys unlock their digital counterparts for a period of time when connected via the controller mount, letting you play how you want, when you want.

»

The game does indeed look promising.And honestly, I dont see how people are mistaking it for a No Mans Sky clone.It dosent look anything like that game.

But the problem is the toys.Not only they make the game more expensive to buy, but it takes of pieces of the game and put it behind paywalls, which completely sucks.I may buy it eventually, but only when its discounted.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
The game does indeed look promising.And honestly, I dont see how people are mistaking it for a No Mans Sky clone.It dosent look anything like that game.

But the problem is the toys.Not only they make the game more expensive to buy, but it takes of pieces of the game and put it behind paywalls, which completely sucks.I may buy it eventually, but only when its discounted.

Yeah, I agree. Based on the footage I've seen, it looks to have potential. However, the toys-to-life thing is a big turn-off.

As of now, I have no interest in the game. I would rather just have a legit Fox Sequel...not another remake...a full blown continuation and evolutionof the IP without tedious gimmicks.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261