By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who hasn't played many Nintendo games?

Ka-pi96 said:
As for why, it's because I don't like their consoles or their games. Weak consoles with no proper account system, no chat, no achievements and half the time they're handheld only which I'm not keen on. As for their games with the exception of Pokemon, Mario Kart and 3D Mario I'm simply not interested in any of them.

I agree with this. Their hardware product is a joke compared to the competition. And I am not fan of their games. I just don't like that they still recycle their franchises which are over 30 years old. They need to stop stucking in the past.

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:
gergroy said:

That’s kind of a weird reason.  Not saying you need buy a switch or anything... but it can really be whatever you want it to be... My switch never really leaves its dock, because like you I much prefer a home console to a handheld.  It isn’t like they are making mobile games for it either, these are full fledged Nintendo games...

Yes but not with fully-fledged graphics. And we cannot blame the Switch, it's weaker because it's very small and portable and as such it's quite powerful but NEVER as powerful as a dedicated home system would be and since I don't care for the portability, there is no reason for me to suffer the disadvantages of portability. Buying a hybrid to keep it docked all the time seems weird to me.

Did you get a Wii and/or Wii U?

Lonely_Dolphin said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

Yes but not with fully-fledged graphics. And we cannot blame the Switch, it's weaker because it's very small and portable and as such it's quite powerful but NEVER as powerful as a dedicated home system would be and since I don't care for the portability, there is no reason for me to suffer the disadvantages of portability. Buying a hybrid to keep it docked all the time seems weird to me.

I used to have a Game Cube and a Wii. Perhaps I should have purchased a Wii U if I had known that it would be their last home system ever... Still hoping it's not their last home system, while they are clearly moving towards this hybrid philosophy, nobody, not even Nintendo can tell for sure what they will do 5 or 10 years from now.

I own all three so the only games I play on Nintendo consoles are Nintendo exclusives and when it comes to those, I only play the biggest ones which means, there's not many games I end up buying.

Mainline Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Mario Kart... that's about it. I'm not a big fan of their AA games like Yoshi, Kirby and DKC etc, at least the modern versions. The stuff back in the NES and SNES days was better. I loved DKC on SNES and own all three. But the modern stuff all feels watered down and soulless.

So, yeah, not many games for me.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

I used to have a Game Cube and a Wii. Perhaps I should have purchased a Wii U if I had known that it would be their last home system ever... Still hoping it's not their last home system, while they are clearly moving towards this hybrid philosophy, nobody, not even Nintendo can tell for sure what they will do 5 or 10 years from now.

But the Wii and Wii U were also underpowered, so I don't really understand why that's now stopping you from getting a Switch.

Around the Network

Me. Don't care for serialized games

Lonely_Dolphin said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

But the Wii and Wii U were also underpowered, so I don't really understand why that's now stopping you from getting a Switch.

Because in relation to what video games were back in those days and what they are today, they were not as underpowered as the Switch is.

Also people change, my demands now are not what they were 10 years ago. 10 years ago gaming happened on TV's whose definition ranged from low def (480i) to high def (1080p) and my Wii while on the low end was still outputting within that range. Today the norm is between 1080p and 4K and a game like Zelda is NOT in that norm, it outputs at 900p if I remember correctly with a lot of aliasing.

I totally get that the Switch is doing great considering it's mostly a portable system but like I said previously I don't have to suffer the limitations of a portable system when a dedicated home system could have done the job and like I said people change, 10 years ago I was not thinking in terms of dedicated home systems, now I am.

This thread is fun.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Because in relation to what video games were back in those days and what they are today, they were not as underpowered as the Switch is.

Also people change, my demands now are not what they were 10 years ago. 10 years ago gaming happened on TV's whose definition ranged from low def (480i) to high def (1080p) and my Wii while on the low end was still outputting within that range. Today the norm is between 1080p and 4K and a game like Zelda is NOT in that norm, it outputs at 900p if I remember correctly with a lot of aliasing.

I totally get that the Switch is doing great considering it's mostly a portable system but like I said previously I don't have to suffer the limitations of a portable system when a dedicated home system could have done the job and like I said people change, 10 years ago I was not thinking in terms of dedicated home systems, now I am.

Fair enough, though I would take the Switch into consideration again once it becomes much cheaper since it sounds like you enjoy Nintendo games.

Just don't have that much interest in their games for the most part. Certainly not enough to buy a console for.

Mainline Pokemon game, Mario Odyssey and maybe Donkey Kong Country. Everything else....nah not really.