By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 24) Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - June 11 - June 17, 2018

Price cut effect, Fortnite effect and E3 effect. Both are very good.

Around the Network

Here is the week 24 update in terms of the two big consoles in Japan's path to be able to reach the commonly stated (in these sales threads) estimates for 2018 sales (2 mil for PS4, 4 mil for Switch) .

TWS GD YTD AWN (Change)
PS4 25,138 -11,909 950,757 37,472 (+425)
Switch 48.834 -52,994 1,117,434 102,948 (+1892)

TWS - This week's sales
GD - Goal differential, the difference between the average week needed from last week compared to this week's sales
YTD - Units sold in 2018 so far including this week's sales
AWN - Average weekly sales needed to reach the estimate for the console.

Switch continues its upward momentum with an impressive boost from the Splatoon Octo expansion and the upcoming Mario Tennis and Minecraft releases. PS4 dipped a little but is still being buoyed by the Days of Play discounted PS4 slim price. I expect it to fall sharply next week whereas Switch should see a big boost from those two big releases.

Switch is putting in the work. Gonna do well next week with Minecraft and Mario Tennis as well.

Acevil said:
Quick rundown:

Splatoon back to number 1 after almost a full year.
Switch impresses, might see increase next week as well
PS4 is steady now
Grand Crest Senki does not open well
Detroit has good legs
God wars also does pretty poorly, surprised to see the Switch version chart at all, let along beat the PS4 version since PS4 has an install base for the game
Kingdom Hearts appears

I had to look it up to double check myself, but God Wars has already released on PS4, this is a re-release with some of the extra content they added for the Switch version?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I dont understand japanese gamers.

Why are they buying Kirby but not BotW.

BotW is a Masterpiece.

Around the Network

Switch going up this week and most likely next one too.
Switch dominatong Japan 😎

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pagan said:

Why are they buying Kirby but not BotW.

BotW is a Masterpiece.

I mean, Kirby sold ~700 units more than BOTW last week. Kirby is only a few months old and BOTW has half a million lead in units and will likely leg it out to many more than that. Kind of an odd complaint to have.

that god wars game lol

Pagan said:

nobody does. 

outlawauron said:
Acevil said:
Quick rundown:

Splatoon back to number 1 after almost a full year.
Switch impresses, might see increase next week as well
PS4 is steady now
Grand Crest Senki does not open well
Detroit has good legs
God wars also does pretty poorly, surprised to see the Switch version chart at all, let along beat the PS4 version since PS4 has an install base for the game
Kingdom Hearts appears

I had to look it up to double check myself, but God Wars has already released on PS4, this is a re-release with some of the extra content they added for the Switch version?

It is complete edition it seems. It has a PS4/PSV/NSW version. The original release was not too hot either. 5k each for PS4/PSV.