By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 24) Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - June 11 - June 17, 2018

Mnementh said:
Why the sudden jump in Switch sales?

Splatoon 2 expansion

Around the Network

Wow, guess dlc can move consoles. Maybe Switch worldwide sales can reach 200k/week again.

It's steadily climbing

BOTW legs are phenomenal. The fact that its selling almost as much as Kirby over a year later is outstanding, I don’t know what that guy is smoking about Kirby selling more this week lol Zelda is doing extremely well, and Japan has done well for it. Over a million on Switch physical alone, no digital or Wii U included. Probably over 1.3 million right now total, maybe more?

Splatoon back to No.1!!! Even new releases can't stop this kid from reaching that spot! :p

And that e3 effect on Switch and Xbox One! Almost 50k and 1k respectively!
And ita confirmed! Fortnite is a system seller!!!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Switch numbers looking great.

Oh wow Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 is back in the top 20, I guess the KH3 footage at E3 had something to do (the trailers were also released in japanese).
Great Switch sales.

Just shows how big an IP Splatoon is in Japan. People can say what they want about the status of Japan in the gaming industry, but Splatoon is the IP really carrying more than its weight, especially for the Switch. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Inkings were headliners in Smash Bros. Ultimate promotion in Japan.

To be fair, Fortnite and Paladins also gave some boost to Switch sales.

Holy shit xbox onr x sales increased tenfold over last weem

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.