By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fortnite - warning DO NOT play on PS4, or you can't play on Switch (and quick start guide if you're sheltered like me, and didn't know about this game before)

irstupid said:
Aeolus451 said:

Ninty fans can own other consoles and they are the ones making a big deal out of it. Sony fans wouldn't try to transfer their account to ns to play fortnite because it's redundant.

That's not what I'm saying, Kathy Newman. Again, if some people wanted to play fortnite on the ns, they shouldn't have put alot hours or money into playing it on the ps4 because that shit doesn't transfer over in the vast majority of multiplatform games. It's common knowledge and it's not a practice exclusive to sony. If I had a xbox one, played cod and bought dlc for it on there, I wouldn't expect my progress or dlc to transfer over to the ns if I got the game for it. People didn't think about it and shot themselves in the foot.

Oh, so sorry, didn' realize we were dealing with a pure hardcore sony fan here. Only true Sony fans only game on a sony platform and wouldn't even look at another console, let alone play on one.

But your examples are faulted. We are talking about a free to play game here. They work differently than purchasing a full retail game or DLC game. When you play a free to play game you are under the impression that no matter what system you pop this in, you just log into your account and play. All free to play games I've played, I can log into my tablet, my phone, my new phone. When it comes ot the PC, I can log into the PC and all my stuff is still there. When it comes to consoles, I can log into them and its also all there. Case in point, look at Fallout Shelter. Card games are all the same as well. The game is linked to a master account that has NOTHING to do with the system it is on. The system is just a medium to play the game.

A free to play game works the same as any multiplatform game on consoles. How something works on tablets and phones doesn't matter because they are treated as tiny pcs and not platforms with exclusive content/restricted marketplace.

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
Aeolus451 said:

Ninty fans can own other consoles and they are the ones making a big deal out of it. Sony fans wouldn't try to transfer their account to ns to play fortnite because it's redundant.

That's not what I'm saying, Kathy Newman. Again, if some people wanted to play fortnite on the ns, they shouldn't have put alot hours or money into playing it on the ps4 because that shit doesn't transfer over in the vast majority of multiplatform games. It's common knowledge and it's not a practice exclusive to sony. If I had a xbox one, played cod and bought dlc for it on there, I wouldn't expect my progress or dlc to transfer over to the ns if I got the game for it. People didn't think about it and shot themselves in the foot.

I think you need to get someone to google this issue for you in more depth. It should become pretty obvious as to why people want to have the service available across home and portable systems.

You're still in the old mindset in thinking this is a multiplatform game when it's actually (if Sony wasn't so uncooperative) a cross platform service like Netflix. Can you imagine if Sony underhandedly tied Netflix to their account and anything you'd bought was exclusive to their (eco)system.

It's possibly illegal and T&C's won't save them.

Netflix is not a game nor does it have dlc that's locked to one platform. Games have nothing in common with netflix.

Aeolus451 said:
Peh said:

So, gamers who both play on Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch are just called "Ninty fans"? 

Can you play with your PS4 linked account on the PC or does the same rules apply as for Nintendo?

Ownership of a console doesn't make them "a fan" in any sense.

But you still call them "Ninty fans", because… ?

And you ignored my other question. 

Aeolus451 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

This makes no sense. How did NINTENDO fans already have Fortnite accounts? The issue is with anyone who linked Epic's service to their PSN accounts so surely they're as much Sony fans as they are Nintendo fans. Or PS4+PC+Switch fans aka "gamers". It sounds like you're saying anyone who doesn't have an undying loyalty to Sony deserves what they get.

Are you serious? It's not like you can play with the Switch wherever you have a Wifi connection. 

You make incredible claims without backing anything up. Are you trolling?

Last edited by Peh - on 15 June 2018

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Aeolus451 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Of course you want to believe that it's just Nintendo fans complaining in order to absolve Sony's culpability in this. Even if it WAS just Nintendo fans complaining (which it isn't), how does that somehow make it any better? Why is okay to fuck over gamers who actually purchased your product? 

Gamers aren't being fucked over. The majority of multiplatform games would never allow the transferring of game progress and dlc over to a different platform. It's uncommon sense apparently.

We're not talking about "the majority of multiplatform games" here, wer'e talking about Fortnite, a game that allows you to transfer progress and DLC between different devices. Yeah, the vast majority of multiplat games doesn't allow you to transfer data between devices, but that's not the case with Fortnite.

This has nothing to do with crossplay and everything to do with how multiplatform games work on consoles. Sony is catching shit over something all 3 of them do but sony makes for a convenient villain since they are the market leader. For the most part, the complaints are nonsensical.

Lmao, they're not the villains because they're the market leader. Why would anyone think that? Don't you get it? If you play Fortnite on your PS4 even once you can't use the same account on XONE/Switch. You're locked on PS4 FOREVER. How is complaining about that nonsensical? How that doesn't make Sony the "bad guys"? I don't care about other multiplatform games, but this specific case is just ridiculous.

Aeolus451 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

I think you need to get someone to google this issue for you in more depth. It should become pretty obvious as to why people want to have the service available across home and portable systems.

You're still in the old mindset in thinking this is a multiplatform game when it's actually (if Sony wasn't so uncooperative) a cross platform service like Netflix. Can you imagine if Sony underhandedly tied Netflix to their account and anything you'd bought was exclusive to their (eco)system.

It's possibly illegal and T&C's won't save them.

Netflix is not a game nor does it have dlc that's locked to one platform. Games have nothing in common with netflix.

Epic = Netflix = Steam

Epic's DLC = skins/items/new games

Netflix DLC = movies/tv shows

Steam DLC = games/software/DLC

Notice how it's free to download each service? Epic has put their version of Steam/Netflix on every system and disguised it as a game. There's nothing stopping them from releasing new games from within Fortnite. Fortnite Kart, Street Forter, whatever they want.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
KLAMarine said:

With 80 million PS4s out in the wild, it's not unexpected.

People were used to being able to log on to their EG account and move it about between PC and mobile but log on to it via PS4 and it gets locked. I'm used to being able to log in to different accounts from various platforms in many things in life. As an example, I can log on to vgchartz or just about any website from any platform be it Windows, Linux, Android, or iOS without any fear of getting my account locked or essentially hijacked by one.

Sony seems to think otherwise and I understand no form of warning is ever given.

This shit is absolutely disgusting. Fuck Sony.

User was moderated for this post ~ Angelus

That doesn't make any sense. It's well known that you can't transfer game progress and dlc of the vast majority of multiplatform games over to a different platform.

The majority of multi-platform games come with a label denoting where the game can and cannot be played. I buy Overwatch with an XBox1 case, it's clear that I can play it on X1 and not PS4.

If I open up an EG account on PC or phone and play it on PS4, I get locked out of X1 and Switch without any warning as I understand it.

Aeolus451 said: 

You're "locked out" as you put it when you double dip with a game. All of them do this so does that mean that you're gonna fuck them all or does sony get special treatment?

Sony gets the special treatment: they're the ones who have been more restrictive with respect to cross-play and it's Sony who EG implicate as restricting EG accounts from playing on Switch.

If there were a warning of some sort, I'd be less critical but so far, I know not of one. As of now, it just feels like a trap.

Last edited by KLAMarine - on 15 June 2018

Aeolus451 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

This makes no sense. How did NINTENDO fans already have Fortnite accounts? The issue is with anyone who linked Epic's service to their PSN accounts so surely they're as much Sony fans as they are Nintendo fans. Or PS4+PC+Switch fans aka "gamers". It sounds like you're saying anyone who doesn't have an undying loyalty to Sony deserves what they get.

I think the roar come more from sony fans that expected to play on the go with a switch the game that they had played for hours and hours on their PS4. ireally dont see why it's redundant. one is a powerfull console that must be hook on a tv, and the other is a hybrid console that get most of it's fame by being able to play anywhere...

That's bullshit.
Either allow crossplay with all other platforms or don't allow it at all.
Don't booby trap accounts so that they become unplayable on certain platforms just because of company policies, that's really anti-consumer. At least give a warning first.

Weather it's Sony's specific request, or a clumsy implementation of Sony's policy by Epic, it's indefensible.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Idk if some people are even reading the OP! Its not about the crossplay.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Idk if some people are even reading the OP! Its not about the crossplay.

Discourse about the abduction of accounts sort of took over.