By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fortnite - warning DO NOT play on PS4, or you can't play on Switch (and quick start guide if you're sheltered like me, and didn't know about this game before)

flashfire926 said:
Apparently even if you have played Paragon on PS4 (not fortnite), you will still get locked out of your account. This is inexcusable.

Instead, Sony replied by boasting PS4 sales numbers, which has absolutely nothing to do with this....

I played Paragon on my PS4. I hope this is not true. 

I'll try my account on Fortnite(switch) I guess.

BTW I have no interest in Fortnite, I just wanna test this.

Around the Network

Yeah I have skins I don't want to buy again so this is pretty annoying.

Microsoft and Nintendo should capitalize on this somehow. Burn Sony on-stage at the next E3 or an ad.

I usually don't ask for something like this but the manner in which this shit can go down, compromising an account that wasn't even originally opened via PS4, I feel it's called for.

Hell, I'm sure many PS4 owners would be for it. I'm sure most PS4 owners wouldn't want Sony to think they can just get away with any policy they implement for PlayStation.

flashfire926 said:
Apparently even if you have played Paragon on PS4 (not fortnite), you will still get locked out of your account. This is inexcusable.

Instead, Sony replied by boasting PS4 sales numbers, which has absolutely nothing to do with this....

Comedy gold:

"We're always open to hearing what the PlayStation community is interested in to enhance their gaming experience," it said.

"With... more than 80 million monthly active users on PlayStation Network, we've built a huge community of gamers who can play together on Fortnite and all online titles.

"We also offer Fortnite cross-play support with PC, Mac, iOS, and Android devices, expanding the opportunity for Fortnite fans on PS4 to play with even more gamers on other platforms."

"We have nothing further to add beyond this at this point," a spokeswoman added.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-44477524

Sony has been pretty dumb about this matter. I hope one day it will kick them in the ass.

It's also a dumb argument when people bring up Microsoft. It's irrelevant if they were assholes back then to not let it happen. Sony should be wiser not do the same stupid shit Microsoft did.

KLAMarine said:

Microsoft and Nintendo should capitalize on this somehow. Burn Sony on-stage at the next E3 or an ad.

I usually don't ask for something like this but the manner in which this shit can go down, compromising an account that wasn't even originally opened via PS4, I feel it's called for.

Hell, I'm sure many PS4 owners would be for it. I'm sure most PS4 owners wouldn't want Sony to think they can just get away with any policy they implement for PlayStation.

flashfire926 said:

Comedy gold:

"We're always open to hearing what the PlayStation community is interested in to enhance their gaming experience," it said.

"With... more than 80 million monthly active users on PlayStation Network, we've built a huge community of gamers who can play together on Fortnite and all online titles.

"We also offer Fortnite cross-play support with PC, Mac, iOS, and Android devices, expanding the opportunity for Fortnite fans on PS4 to play with even more gamers on other platforms."

"We have nothing further to add beyond this at this point," a spokeswoman added.

Similar to the "this is how you share games.." they should do like a "This is how you play Fortnite on Xbox and Switch".

Or, you should get Reggie and Spencer sitting behind a tv, playing Fortnite or something, and one of them looking at an empty seat beside them for a second and shrug.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
KLAMarine said:

Comedy gold:

Similar to the "this is how you share games.." they should do like a "This is how you play Fortnite on Xbox and Switch".

Or, you should get Reggie and Spencer sitting behind a tv, playing Fortnite or something, and one of them looking at an empty seat beside them for a second and shrug.

That would be hysterical! Gonna tweet this idea at Spencer for the hell of it.

I just tested with my epic account linked to PSN (with Paragon) and I can play with my switch at Fortnite

jenpol said:
I just tested with my epic account linked to PSN (with Paragon) and I can play with my switch at Fortnite

Interesting. Now that you've played Fortnite via Switch, are you able to play your Fortnite account via PS4? Are you willing to try knowing of Sony potentially abducting your account?

ohmylanta1003 said:

Well. It’s been a couple days now. Have you realized how wrong you are about this whole thing? Lol.

Nope I haven't had any further info on this issue. All I hear is hysterical people who raise pitchforks and torches and wants to burn Sony-ville.

Like I said to someone reasonable on this thread I am willing to assume the worst which is Sony having some kind of agreement with Epic over PS4 accounts not being usable elsewhere which if true would make Epic as much as Sony guilty of this issue. But again that is only speculation I engage in, to try and meet the angry mob somewhere in the middle. I still don't know the full details. All I have been saying is Sony does not have the power to tell Switch or Xbox what to do on their platform which is true. Sorry but I'm not wrong

KLAMarine said:
jenpol said:

Interesting. Now that you've played Fortnite via Switch, are you able to play your Fortnite account via PS4? Are you willing to try knowing of Sony potentially abducting your account?

I would have to install it (and reinstall it on my Switch). As I said, I don't want to play the game.

On my EPIC account page I can dissociate my PSN account though (maybe it would reset something).

I would show you but I dunno how to share an image here (without a link).