By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Much Will Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Sell?

How Much Will Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Sell? (V.2)

20-22 million 1 25.00%

22-24 million 1 25.00%

24-26 million 1 25.00%

26-28 million 0 0%

28-30 million 1 25.00%

>30 million 0 0%

Total:4

I think it could hit 15-16M when its all said and done.

Around the Network

BOTW and Odyssey breaking some of the franchise historys, I expect this to be the same.
So in saying that:
Ultimate > Brawl
= 14mil+

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Given that the Switch is making every long standing franchise sell better and thats its a new game, easily 20+ million units

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

12-14 million

I'll go with 15 million

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

15m easily.

But Subspace sucked.
The concept was good, and it was a decent adventure... until you got to the Great Maze. That just completely killed it for me.

However, I do think adding an actual single player Adventure Mode campaign of some sorts would certainly help.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
It depends.

If it's a port? 18 million.

If it's a new game? 18 million.

So, if it's both; 36 million? :P

10-12 million.

LipeJJ said:
I'm going with 18m too. No way it will sell much less than Zelda Breath of the Wild.

Wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo says it shipped 10m in December alone.

This could actually be possible. Super Mario Odyssey did 9.07 million between from its release to December 31st.
Granted, Odyssey had an extra month to work with and ~1 million short, but I remember Odyssey wasn't didn't even crack the Amazon Rankings until after the September Direct where we get shirtless Mario :P. Smash has been hanging around those rankings ever since the first teaser back at the March Direct and it shot right to #1 after E3. If this holds true for other retailers and other regions. Good Lord, December is going to be massive.