By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cyberpunk is a first person shooter RPG, play as male or female

There goes any hype I had.

Around the Network

In the interview with angry joe one of those guys say that you can go trough the game with a katana if you want ,slashing away.
It does not need to be a shooter if you do not like that playstyle and i kinda agree on why they chose to make it first person although an option to change it to third person would be nice but a ton more work to do both in a good way.
Also Cdprojektred is one of the few studios that gets my trust on delivering good games, we will see how that works out. :p

Last edited by Immersiveunreality - on 14 June 2018

What? I can't play as a pansexual? No buy then.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I gotta admit I was a bit disappointed when hearing about the game being on first person only, but I thought it wouldn't be that bad. Even if my strength is third person shooters, I have enjoyed a couple of FPS, from Red Faction II to Far Cry 3, more than I thought I'd enjoy one. One of the benefits from it will be the added immersion of watching everything from one's own perspective. In the end, I don't think it will be that big of a hindrance.

Around the Network

For shooter I prefer FPS, so if the shooting aspect is what the main combat mechanic is focused, I'd rather play it in first person, especially on PC.

Everybody that left after seeing the demo was jawdropped. From big to small gaming media, everyone was impressed by the demo.

CuCabeludo said:

Everybody that left after seeing the demo was jawdropped. From big to small gaming media, everyone was impressed by the demo.

The market and media are definitely there for the game and are impressed by it.

Those that absolutely loathe and hate FPS games and get supposed "motion sickness" from it are within the minority. If it was the opposite, FPS games wouldn't be where they are today.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
CuCabeludo said:

The market and media are definitely there for the game and are impressed by it.

Those that absolutely loathe and hate FPS games and get supposed "motion sickness" from it are within the minority. If it was the opposite, FPS games wouldn't be where they are today.

The only problem is the public won't see any gameplay anytime soon. I personally don't believe they can pull this game on stores on this console generation.

I've never liked first person shooters. Never even interested in doom when it originally came out. Today, though, the new doom and overwatch are ok in my books, but I own less than 6 FPS games, so maybe I'll still end up getting this one. I've avoided most of them because, like I said, in general, I haven't been a fan.