By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cyberpunk is a first person shooter RPG, play as male or female

Pass for me. Maybe when it's in a Flash Sale. They should have at least put in the option for both. Works for Bethesda.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Azuren said:

They trusted CDPR to make a great third person game because that's what they've done up until now. That trust is broken, which is why many fans are either begging or leaving.

It's far from widespread.

So let them leave.

Yep. That opinion worked out so great for SW, too. 

thismeintiel said:
Hynad said:

It's far from widespread.

So let them leave.

Yep. That opinion worked out so great for SW, too. 

Star Wars got followed up by Star Wars. Cyberpunk is a new IP, people should stop comparing the two cause it does not make alot of sense.

Saying CDRP should make Cyberpunk like The Witcher is like saying Disney needs to make Star Wars like the lion king for the old Disney fans, again it does not make sense.

Immersiveunreality said:

Star Wars got followed up by Star Wars. Cyberpunk is a new IP, people should stop comparing the two cause it does not make alot of sense.

Saying CDRP should make Cyberpunk like The Witcher is like saying Disney needs to make Star Wars like the lion king for the old Disney fans, again it does not make sense.

I think it's completely asenine for the new fans demanding that all of CDPR's games be played in 3rd person perspective. Devs should always be allowed to step out of their boundries and try something new.

FROM tried something new when straying away from Armored Core to making Dark Souls, only issue I had with that was they were spamming DS games for years, while ignoring their Armored Core fans. Fast forward to today and they are at least trying something new that isn't DS, but now that DS fan base is beating on FROM for changing the pace. 

Cyberpunk is a new IP though, so it shouldn't have to be 3rd person right off the bat. The userbase that only plays 3rd person games should never have more power than those that like both or like 1st person. 

Also, he wasn't right in his case of using SW BF. SWBF was an always online MP only based title. That game allowed us to choose two different camera angles, but outside of that no one complained (though 1st person view got you killed more often thanks to how people could cheat with 3rd person cam being able to see around corners) about the cam choices, they complained about the sever lack of a single player campaign. That SWBF example is nowhere close to being the same as Cyberpunk going with 1st person view. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"