By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Ultimate is not a port... and not a brand new game?

Would you say Smash Ultimate is...

A port 18 14.75%

A brand new game 74 60.66%

A compilation 23 18.85%

Something else 7 5.74%

Total:122
Cerebralbore101 said:
Something entirely different. It's like they took Smash 4, and just kept adding things to it over and over until it stopped being a simple port. It would be as if Bethesda made a port of Skyrim, but then added two new races, spears, throwing knives, ten new skill trees, 40 new skill books, altered all the daedric quests/artifacts, threw in the Morrowwind/Oblivion areas, quests, characters with Skyrim graphics, etc. etc. etc.

I can get on board with this description.

Around the Network

I was already waiting for this kind of confusion. The smash bros of Wii U was almost perfect, so it was clear that graphically the game was not going to have a great evolution. For me all the changes they have shown make it a new game.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

I can't believe that people are really arguing about that...

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Depends on whose op and or broken

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

RolStoppable said:
It's a new game. People who think it is a port will learn it the hard way when they realize that they can't play it like SSB4.

Why are people even saying it's a port? Was it not confirmed a new game officially?

Around the Network
LethalP said:
RolStoppable said:
It's a new game. People who think it is a port will learn it the hard way when they realize that they can't play it like SSB4.

Why are people even saying it's a port? Was it not confirmed a new game officially?

Some don't care about facts nowadays. Facts are like another opinion in which can be also wrong......

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

As long as there's new stuff, I'm game.

Its a Remastered Definitive Edition.

It's a port with new content (like DOA5: Last Round or Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3). When a fighting game gets released on new consoles, it would normally include all the DLC and some new bonus content to entice people. I saw nothing outside larger roster and stages that would imply it's a new game. If it an entirely new game, then they certainly cut a lot of corners as it looks exactly like the Wii U game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

It's a port with new content (like DOA5: Last Round or Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3). When a fighting game gets released on new consoles, it would normally include all the DLC and some new bonus content to entice people. I saw nothing outside larger roster and stages that would imply it's a new game. If it an entirely new game, then they certainly cut a lot of corners as it looks exactly like the Wii U game.

They've changed the core mechanics of the fighting and I'd say that's more important than having a new look when talking about the game being new.

Signature goes here!