8 34 17.99%

9 8 4.23%

10 8 4.23%

Total:189

3/10.

TLOU2/ No release date
Death stranding/ No release date
Ghost of Tsushima/ No release date

Nioh 2 and control were revealed but no release date.

Overall I was mostly unimpressed.

But Xbox wasn’t much better either. Bunch of multiplats, new halo, forza and gears of course, and not much else.

Save us Nintendo!

Around the Network

Too few games and almost all are beyond 2018.

Also Spider-Man looks worse than last years footage. Gameplay and structure also look too similar, almost identical, to past games in the series. It just has better visuals. Plus the character animations when walking rarely connect firmly with the floor, looks like he is sliding around in too many places. When climbing on walls, his hands do not seem to connect with the wall. After watching the trailer from last year again, I realized that they kept the camera intimate (as it should be) to make it more dynamic and avoided walking, moving mainly with leaps and very specific animations so it looked more purposeful. Compared to that, this years Spider-Man gameplay looked sloppy and lackluster.

Anyway, the rest of the games look so much more interesting and I’m excited for all the rest, when they decide to release them that is. 8/10.

Medisti said:

4/10. Some of the games looked good, but the presentation itself was horrid. If you take out the games we've already seen, there was very little there. I'll give you RE2 because that was only mentioned before, not shown, but it was incredibly underwhelming. Most of the games were 2019, too. What first-party stuff does Sony have for 2018 aside from Spiderman?

Serious question? 

Great games, bad presentation.

B

Maxosaurus-rex said:
Medisti said:

4/10. Some of the games looked good, but the presentation itself was horrid. If you take out the games we've already seen, there was very little there. I'll give you RE2 because that was only mentioned before, not shown, but it was incredibly underwhelming. Most of the games were 2019, too. What first-party stuff does Sony have for 2018 aside from Spiderman?

Serious question? 

Yes it was a serious question. Last of Us 2 got no release date, Death Stranding isn't this year

Around the Network

5/10.

Some amazing looking games, but lack of new announcements, and awful presentation. Sony, please, stop trying to be original and different, and go back to the usual conferences. The best conferences in the last years were the ones without unnecessary gimmicks, just games, games and games. That's all we want.

Who cares about the live audience being in the same setting as the TLOU cutscene...

Medisti said:
Maxosaurus-rex said:

Serious question? 

Yes it was a serious question. Last of Us 2 got no release date, Death Stranding isn't this year

Spiderman isn't first party and the year is more than half way over

Maxosaurus-rex said:
Medisti said:

Spiderman isn't first party and the year is more than half way over

It's being funded by Sony. That's like saying that Metroid Prime 4 isn't first-party for Nintendo when it's made by Bandai-Namco (according to the rumor).

And given the context I obviously meant the last six months of the year; I hope you're being pedantic and didn't actually think I meant for the entire calendar year 2018, like GoW doesn't exist.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
3/10.

TLOU2/ No release date
Death stranding/ No release date
Ghost of Tsushima/ No release date

Nioh 2 and control were revealed but no release date.

Overall I was mostly unimpressed.

But Xbox wasn’t much better either. Bunch of multiplats, new halo, forza and gears of course, and not much else.

Save us Nintendo!

I wonder if this is still relevant:

Edit: I liked it, but not sure what scored I'd give. Maybe a 7/10, since the first 20 minutes were kind of a slog, but the later game reveals rocked.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

7.5 out of 10.
The games they showed off looked great, but nothing special outside of the ones we already knew about, with the exception of RE2: Remake, which we didn't know about or see before. (Although I have to say, I am not impressed with Death Stranding.) The presentation at the beginning was God Awful and really brought down the entire thing and the pacing was all over the place. Like I said in the other thread, if they had saved all of that talking for the end after the show was over and just gone Game after Game after Game, this would have easily been at least a 9 out of 10 conference and the best of E3 so far.