By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anthem and Days Gone both releasing on Feb. 22, 2019

Days Gone is pretty much done it seens, they are just gona polish it to all hell now, however much time they get theyll spend polishing and polishing. Sony can technically move it up or down a bit. I don't see this standing like this, its like that Avengers x BvS thing we had in movies two years ago, it was guaranteed someone was gona move the release date, and sure as hell Marvel did.

Around the Network

i dont think ill be picking up either one at this point.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

CGI-Quality said:
flashfire926 said:

I doubt it was Microsoft who chose that date. 

That was a Square Enix published game that microsoft had the marketing rights to. That's like saying Sony chooses when to release COD.

Actually, Microsoft published Rise of the Tomb Raider when it launched.

Woahh....I never actually knew that. Then yes, it is Microsoft that fucked up.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

gergroy said:
Also, this forum is so weird. Anthem looks freaking incredible and obviously will be a much bigger hit than days gone, but yet you all are picking it over Anthem? What if Anthem was a ps4 exclusive? Would that change things?

Welcome to the forums, where brand loyalty takes lead. Most definitely Anthem would be considered the most hyped game in 2019 if it was exclusive to PS4, however majority need to like something exclusive, they cannot favor a game that everyone can play. Thats how i see these forums anyway 

Azzanation said:
gergroy said:
Also, this forum is so weird. Anthem looks freaking incredible and obviously will be a much bigger hit than days gone, but yet you all are picking it over Anthem? What if Anthem was a ps4 exclusive? Would that change things?

Welcome to the forums, where brand loyalty takes lead. Most definitely Anthem would be considered the most hyped game in 2019 if it was exclusive to PS4, however majority need to like something exclusive, they cannot favor a game that everyone can play. Thats how i see these forums anyway 

Nope. That would have been The Last Of Us Part II, regardless of Anthem. :P

And acting like PlayStation fans are the only ones who seriously hype exclusive games is quite disingenuous. Furthermore, who cares if some people hype exclusives more? I don't see why either of you should generalize a fanbase over it.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Azzanation said:

And acting like PlayStation fans are the only ones who seriously hype exclusive games is quite disingenuous. Furthermore, who cares if some people hype exclusives more? I don't see why either of you should generalize a fanbase over it.

Not generalizing a fanbase, its all fanbases. Its quite clear 1st party games will always be the clear winner on these forums regardless how good the 3rd party games are with very little exceptions. In this case Anthem is a pretty hyped game but its been distinguished in these forums because Sony, Xbox or Nintendo are not making it. There basically is no competition unless its an Exclusive.

Azzanation said:
CGI-Quality said:

Not generalizing a fanbase, its all fanbases. Its quite clear 1st party games will always be the clear winner on these forums regardless how good the 3rd party games are with very little exceptions. In this case Anthem is a pretty hyped game but its been distinguished in these forums because Sony, Xbox or Nintendo are not making it. There basically is no competition unless its an Exclusive.

And? You said it like it was a bad thing. People are entitled to whatever suits them and I see absolutely nothing wrong with being more excited for Days Gone than Anthem.

CGI-Quality said:
Azzanation said:

Yeah, not really talking about fanbases... just making an observation about the forum.  Exclusives rule all here.  It really isn’t a good representation of the majority of people at all.   I merely used the ps4 as the example because days gone is a ps4 exclusive.  

gergroy said:
CGI-Quality said:

Yeah, not really talking about fanbases... just making an observation about the forum.  Exclusives rule all here.  It really isn’t a good representation of the majority of people at all.   I merely used the ps4 as the example because days gone is a ps4 exclusive.  

Well, like I said to Azzanation, I don't see anything wrong with being more excited for an exclusive. Plus, that's really a stretch, as plenty of folks here have high praise for multiplatform games (and many would even put them over some of the exclusives the consoles have to offer). Perhaps Anthem just doesn't appeal to a lot of those people yet.  

CGI-Quality said:
gergroy said:

Well, like I said to Azzanation, I don't see anything wrong with being more excited for an exclusive. Plus, that's really a stretch, as plenty of folks here have high praise for multiplatform games. Perhaps Anthem just doesn't appeal to a lot of those people yet.  

Yeah, sure, nothing wrong with it, but outside of Internet forums it is also not the way most people think.  It is just an interesting observation.  If you think this is a good representation of how the two games will perform, then let’s look back at this when the games come out see which one was more successful then.