By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anthem and Days Gone both releasing on Feb. 22, 2019

Heavenly_King said:

Considering M$ has the advertisement deal for Anthem, I am quite sure this was done on purpose to have something to counter Days Gone.   My money goes to Days Gone, l will buy Anthem later (if it is good) in order to see if the game will have eventually some sort of micro-transactions or not

I could actually see that happening as well, the whole MS trying to counter Days Gone thing.

 

I feel like more people are skeptical about Anthem though and are waiting to see how it turns out, so I think Days Gone will be more successful by a large margin.  People are skeptical of it as well, but for different reasons that should not affect it too much in an otherwise slow month anyway.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

I will buy both but i will wait more on Anthem because i will see if it has a lot of content or not on days one or on the first month. Days gone for me is a no brainier must buy.



Shiken said:
Heavenly_King said:

Considering M$ has the advertisement deal for Anthem, I am quite sure this was done on purpose to have something to counter Days Gone.   My money goes to Days Gone, l will buy Anthem later (if it is good) in order to see if the game will have eventually some sort of micro-transactions or not

I could actually see that happening as well, the whole MS trying to counter Days Gone thing.

 

I feel like more people are skeptical about Anthem though and are waiting to see how it turns out, so I think Days Gone will be more successful by a large margin.  People are skeptical of it as well, but for different reasons that should not affect it too much in an otherwise slow month anyway.

Not gonna happen, not by a longshot (unless youre talking about critical reception, than I can see a some chance).



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

John2290 said:
flashfire926 said:
Sony are going to move Days Gone out of the way, or else it's getting trampled.

You're joking, right?

Anthem will be as big as Destiny/the Division when it launches. And this comes from someone who doesnt give a shit about anthem.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Personally hope Crackdown 3 comes out the same day.
Not the first time Microsoft has two games they have marketing rights to release the same day.

If they thought releasing ROTR the same day as Fall out 4 was a good idea, I can see them releasing Crackdown 3 vs Anthem.



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Personally hope Crackdown 3 comes out the same day.
Not the first time Microsoft has two games they have marketing rights to release the same day.

If they thought releasing ROTR the same day as Fall out 4 was a good idea, I can see them releasing Crackdown 3 vs Anthem.

I doubt it was Microsoft who chose that date. 

That was a Square Enix published game that microsoft had the marketing rights to. That's like saying Sony chooses when to release COD.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
Bandorr said:
Personally hope Crackdown 3 comes out the same day.
Not the first time Microsoft has two games they have marketing rights to release the same day.

If they thought releasing ROTR the same day as Fall out 4 was a good idea, I can see them releasing Crackdown 3 vs Anthem.

I doubt it was Microsoft who chose that date. 

That was a Square Enix published game that microsoft had the marketing rights to. That's like saying Sony chooses when to release COD.

Actually, Microsoft published Rise of the Tomb Raider when it launched.



                                                                                                                                                           

flashfire926 said:
Bandorr said:
Personally hope Crackdown 3 comes out the same day.
Not the first time Microsoft has two games they have marketing rights to release the same day.

If they thought releasing ROTR the same day as Fall out 4 was a good idea, I can see them releasing Crackdown 3 vs Anthem.

I doubt it was Microsoft who chose that date. 

That was a Square Enix published game that microsoft had the marketing rights to. That's like saying Sony chooses when to release COD.

Does Sony get a year exclusive to COD? Actual real question I don't play COD. I doubt it though.

If someone is "getting" a year of exclusivity they probably have the right to not have their game release the same day as a big big title like Fallout 4. Which they also had a marketing deal with (including away Fallout 3).



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

I can't trust EA... They did that with Star Wars... twice. Even though Anthem seems like an OKAY game for me (graphics and gameplay), I can see the game with half of needed content, DLCs and DLCs and some new polemics along it's launch.

Days Gone on the other hands seems like a solid IP, not a masterpiece, but a complete experience (which EA doesn't care).



3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

Anthem will get delayed.
Days Gone might as well, tho not by much.