By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anthem and Days Gone both releasing on Feb. 22, 2019

I would have bought both of these day one. Now I'll grab days gone and grab Anthem in the March sales.

Around the Network

I think Anthem will be delayed until like june 2019.

Looks like ironman meets destiny. I want to try it. I dont know if I will like it, but I want to give it a solid go.

Heavenly_King said:

Considering M$ has the advertisement deal for Anthem, I am quite sure this was done on purpose to have something to counter Days Gone.   My money goes to Days Gone, l will buy Anthem later (if it is good) in order to see if the game will have eventually some sort of micro-transactions or not

Where did you hear that?  I’m pretty sure anthem doesn’t have any kind of advertisement deal unless something is announced in the next couple of days... only reason it was showed off by Microsoft last year is they were pushing the one X... and Anthem is a better show then anything they had...  but there is no exclusive dlc or anything which is why console makers make those advertising deals...

Also, this forum is so weird. Anthem looks freaking incredible and obviously will be a much bigger hit than days gone, but yet you all are picking it over Anthem? What if Anthem was a ps4 exclusive? Would that change things?

gergroy said:
Also, this forum is so weird. Anthem looks freaking incredible and obviously will be a much bigger hit than days gone, but yet you all are picking it over Anthem? What if Anthem was a ps4 exclusive? Would that change things?

It's a consequence from what EA has done in the last year and half which has turned a lot of people off. Also Mass Effect Andromeda doesn't really put Bioware in a good light either. Then you look at Sony which have had high-quality hit after high-quality hit which makes people more excited for Days Gone

Around the Network

While they're different enough that they shouldn't step on each other's toes, Days Gone is probably the one more likely to have its sales negatively affected by launching alongside one another. If Anthem sticks to that date Sony may push theirs out a couple weeks.

Bandorr said:
gergroy said:

An online only EA game does very little for me.

Not going to even touch that game with a 10ft pole.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Sony are going to move Days Gone out of the way, or else it's getting trampled.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Heavenly_King said:

Considering M$ has the advertisement deal for Anthem, I am quite sure this was done on purpose to have something to counter Days Gone.   My money goes to Days Gone, l will buy Anthem later (if it is good) in order to see if the game will have eventually some sort of micro-transactions or not

I could actually see that happening as well, the whole MS trying to counter Days Gone thing.

I feel like more people are skeptical about Anthem though and are waiting to see how it turns out, so I think Days Gone will be more successful by a large margin.  People are skeptical of it as well, but for different reasons that should not affect it too much in an otherwise slow month anyway.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I will buy both but i will wait more on Anthem because i will see if it has a lot of content or not on days one or on the first month. Days gone for me is a no brainier must buy.