By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official EA Play 2018 E3 Thread. Rate the show.

Rate The Show Out of 10.

10 2 2.22%

9 0 0%

8 0 0%

7 5 5.56%

6 6 6.67%

5 9 10.00%

4 11 12.22%

3 13 14.44%

2 20 22.22%

1 24 26.67%

Total:90

I was super keen for Anthem.
Visually it is showing us what Frostbite can do and it is pretty impressive.

But when I discovered it had more in common with say... Destiny rather than Biowares older titles (I.E. Single player driven.) I was completely turned off.

Battlefield 5 I am still on the fence about.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Unravel was a great game, so it is nice to see a sequel is coming. I will certainly pick it up. Anthem is also interesting to me. It is hard for me to get excited about a game that is (likely) a year or so away though.

Only real surprise was Unravel 2 both debuting and launching today. Sea of Solitude looks nice, too. I'm warming up to BFV and on the fence about Anthem (wanna see some less generic TPS gameplay). At least EA's monetization schemes are becoming more palatable. C&C looks alright for a mobile game, though I'm sure many fans are disappointed. The commentary in general was cringeworthy (crowbcat intensifies). Good to hear Hazelight is expanding, though.

C-

VAMatt said:
Unravel was a great game, so it is nice to see a sequel is coming. I will certainly pick it up. Anthem is also interesting to me. It is hard for me to get excited about a game that is (likely) a year or so away though.

Actually, I just realized that Unravel 2 is out today.  So, I'll be picking it up tonight.  

New C&C, yay...
Maybe next year.

Around the Network
caffeinade said:
New C&C, yay...
Maybe next year.

Try another 10.

0/10 for me. C&C mobile for a "new geenration" was the straw that broke the camels back.

Get bent EA. You destroyed a beloved RTS franchise, buried it and dug it up again to farm the whales. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
caffeinade said:
New C&C, yay...
Maybe next year.

Try another 10.

0/10 for me. C&C mobile for a "new geenration" was the straw that broke the camels back.

Get bent EA. You destroyed a beloved RTS franchise, buried it and dug it up again to farm the whales. 

It is probably for the best, EA would just butcher a full PC title anyway.
What we really need is a developer with a lot of money, and motivation to make a new IP, or use/re-purpose an existing one.
Developers who have had an indie success, or a successful crowd funding campaign, are probably where we need to look to.

I don't think EA is able to make a quality C&C title.

caffeinade said:
Chazore said:

Try another 10.

What we really need is a developer with a lot of money, and motivation to make a new IP, or use/re-purpose an existing one.
Developers who have had an indie success, or a successful crowd funding campaign, are probably where we need to look to.

EA ahs butchered all the PC franchises they've bought over the years.

I wouldn't even see it being for the best, They've basically gone out of their way to piss on long time fans of a beloved franchise.

At this point we clearly need to KS a new RTS, because I don't trust any publisher out there. As much as I'm starting to like THQN, I don't trust them with a AAA PC RTS either.

The only ones who are bothered to make an RTS for PC are indie devs. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
caffeinade said:

EA ahs butchered all the PC franchises they've bought over the years.

I wouldn't even see it being for the best, They've basically gone out of their way to piss on long time fans of a beloved franchise.

At this point we clearly need to KS a new RTS, because I don't trust any publisher out there. As much as I'm starting to like THQN, I don't trust them with a AAA PC RTS either.

The only ones who are bothered to make an RTS for PC are indie devs. 

Well we do have companies like Sega, Stardock, and Paradox, creating PC RTS titles for PCs.
Frostpunk and They Are Billions were massive successes, who knows what their developers will accomplish in the future.
Indie developers will grow into large studios, and this time they won't have to sell to companies like EA.

I give it a 1. Other than Unravel 2, the show was hot garbage to me

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick