By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official EA Play 2018 E3 Thread. Rate the show.

Rate The Show Out of 10.

10 2 2.22%

9 0 0%

8 0 0%

7 5 5.56%

6 6 6.67%

5 9 10.00%

4 11 12.22%

3 13 14.44%

2 20 22.22%

1 24 26.67%

Total:90

So, champions league is a big deal for FIFA. It's gonna make it even more dominant.

I like how they asked for feedback on the new C&C game. My feedback: It's not an RTS (its a MOBA basically).

The announcement of Single player mode for Anthem may aswell save it from disaster. But it is clearly tacked on. It will be no mass effect.

I thought the presentation was good. Was a good idea to get Adrea Renee. Definitly better than last year, though the reveals were weak. It wasn't super hype, but it was competently paced and not overly cringy. 6/10

Last edited by Nem - on 09 June 2018

Around the Network

It was a 5/10 for me.
+ FIFA gets Champions League (rip PES)
+Anthem
+Battlefield V looks to have more destructible environments, and battle royale mode incoming
+admitting they fucked up Battlefront II, and having no lootboxes/unfair advantage microtransaction in BF5/Anthem
+Unravel 2 out today
-spending 10 mins on a fucking mobile game
-No NHL (I mean, why havent we seen NHL 19?)
-too much talking up on stage, instead of showing games

It's not like I have interest in most of these games, but for the people who
I think if this same conference was shortened down to 40 mins (instead of 75 mins), it would be a decent 7/10.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

At this point I think I've spent more time bitching about the conference than I spent actually watching it.

Nem said:
So, champions league is a big deal for FIFA. It's gonna make it even more dominant.

I like how they asked for feedback on the new C&C game. My feedback: It's not an RTS (its a MOBA basically).

The announcement of Single player mode for Anthem may aswell save it from disaster. But it is clearly tacked on. It will be no mass effect.

I thought the presentation was good. Was a good idea to get Adrea Renee. Definitly better than last year, though the reveals were weak.

I thought her presentation was pretty cringe inducing.

4/10 for me Unravel 2 and Sea of Solirude are cool,but the show was bland and boring. However knowing EA,"bland and boring" is way better than the disaster of latest shows from them.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network
JamesGarret said:
Nem said:

I thought the presentation was good. Was a good idea to get Adrea Renee. Definitly better than last year, though the reveals were weak.

I thought her presentation was pretty cringe inducing.

Here's the thing. There weren't any awkward silence moments with her around. Keeping the ball rolling is the most important thing and she didn't make useless questions. The biggest cringe moments for me are when like the guys presenting FIFA just stand there and it looks like they don't know what to say next. It's pretty awkward. Renee was herself. She is always like that.

Alara317 said:
CGI-Quality said:

My take(s). 

Good for you; did you hear the audience? They sure didn't care. 

And sports games are just the same thing every year. You might play them, sure, but when was the last time you were genuinely excited for a new entry in Fifa? I wouldn't be surprised if VIRTUALLY NOBODY IN THE ENTIRE WORLD jumped at this new mode like half the gaming sphere did when Smash was announced or the FFVII remake was shown for the first time. 

Do you care? Sure. but are you passionate about it? I highly doubt it. Sports games will almost never elicit the same giddy joy or love that other games would. 

So while my statement of 'who cares' is less about the absolutes as you seem to have interpreted it, the actual sentiment is 'who cares enough to be excited?' As in, yay....another Battlefield! Another Sports game. Another Halo. Another Forza. Another Gran Turismo. Another Gears of War. Another Assassin's Creed. Whoop-de-do. Nobody holds the same passion for those titles as they do for smash, or God of War, or Zelda, or Mario, or Grand Theft auto, or Red Dead Redemption, or The Last of Us, or Uncharted. 

You are mistaken. There is a lot of passion for FIFA out there. Just cause me or you don't care doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't care.

I have friends who play JUST sports games, and only tune into EA conference as a result. 

Many people will get excited for Forza Horizon 4, as the last game was phenomenal. GT has an even larger, passionate fanbase as well. You are under the impression that only the games you like have passionate fanbases, when that's not the case.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

It was awful. 2/10. Especially interesting whose idea was to show a F2P mobile game for almost 10 minutes.

Alara317 said:
At this point I think I've spent more time bitching about the conference than I spent actually watching it.

Yup. This was me as well.

As a huge Jedi Knight and Command & Conquer fan, I'm just sad that these franchises are trapped in EA's house.

If you want to rewatch the trailer and gameplay or missed the show i updated the first two post of the thread with all the trailers and gameplay demos.