By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official EA Play 2018 E3 Thread. Rate the show.

Rate The Show Out of 10.

10 2 2.22%

9 0 0%

8 0 0%

7 5 5.56%

6 6 6.67%

5 9 10.00%

4 11 12.22%

3 13 14.44%

2 20 22.22%

1 24 26.67%

Total:90

This conference was about what I expected. Anthem is a game I actually want, but the way they showed it didn't do it any favors. And there are things Im not into like shared world, and most likely being a game you always need to connect to a server to play. Its a game I will get eventually, but at the moment not close to day 1 at all and not for full price unless I see some stuff that makes me feel more confident in it.

Over all this conference was a 2 out of 10 for me

Last edited by RespectDecena - on 09 June 2018

Around the Network

5/10 Unravel 2 + Sea Of Solitude. The rest looks crap.

Last edited by GribbleGrunger - on 09 June 2018

The PS5 Exists. 

Extremely dissapointing.I give it 3/10 just becaose of Anthem and things like Unravel 2

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Peh said:

Wow, this was....bad. Besides the annual sports games, there is not much else.

I guess there is no problem to top this press conference, but...can someone get an even worse one?

Every other company can get on stage and tell us to go f**k ourselves it'd still be a step up from this because the would be some amusement from it if I were a security guard at EA's HQ I'd be preparing for the C&C fans who are probably booking their flights right now to fly over and burn the building down.

1/10...worst E3 conference I´ve ever seen.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Alara317 said:
EA: 1.7/10

Battlefield V - Yep, it's a battlefield game and we got COD WWII last year. Who cares?

I do.

Fifa 19 - Nobody cares.

Actually, many do.

Origin access Premier - Nobody cares, and Origin sucks.

Nah, it doesn't. Has improved tremendously over the years. And, again, I care.

My take(s). 

Good for you; did you hear the audience? They sure didn't care. 

And sports games are just the same thing every year. You might play them, sure, but when was the last time you were genuinely excited for a new entry in Fifa? I wouldn't be surprised if VIRTUALLY NOBODY IN THE ENTIRE WORLD jumped at this new mode like half the gaming sphere did when Smash was announced or the FFVII remake was shown for the first time. 

Do you care? Sure. but are you passionate about it? I highly doubt it. Sports games will almost never elicit the same giddy joy or love that other games would. 

So while my statement of 'who cares' is less about the absolutes as you seem to have interpreted it, the actual sentiment is 'who cares enough to be excited?' As in, yay....another Battlefield! Another Sports game. Another Halo. Another Forza. Another Gran Turismo. Another Gears of War. Another Assassin's Creed. Whoop-de-do. Nobody holds the same passion for those titles as they do for smash, or God of War, or Zelda, or Mario, or Grand Theft auto, or Red Dead Redemption, or The Last of Us, or Uncharted. 

Unbelievable, but it was more boring than last year.

shikamaru317 said:

Conference Rating breakdown for me:

Battlefield V- 3/10 Battle Royale mode looks better than Fortnite or PUBG,but I don't like the Battle Royale genre, so meh.

FIFA- 1/10 I don't like sports games

Madden- 1/10

NBA Live- 0/10 Why are you even still trying EA, give up, you lost to 2K Basketball years ago

Unravel 2- 8/10 Looks cool, just like the first game

Sea of Solitude- 7/10 Looks kind of cool.

Star Wars- Jedi: Fallen Order- 7/10 I love the idea of an action game where you play as a Jedi being hunted down by the Empire between episode 3 and 4. But why no teaser trailer?

Star Wars Battlefront 2 DLC roadmap- 9/10 Conquest mode from the old 2005 Battlefront 2 finally! Hero ship dogfight mode, yes please! Clone Wars season with Geonosis, Girevous, Dooku, Obi-Wan, and Anakin finally!

C&C mobile game- 0/10 Nobody wants a mobile C&C game, give us a proper PC one EA. Why have a 5+ minute long live match of this on stage?

Anthem- 4/10 Would be better if it wasn't shared world. And why was there a 10 minute long talk show between the trailer and the gameplay demo?

Final Rating- 3/10

Great breakdown, only thing I disagree about is the Star Wars Battlefront stuff, but mostly because I don't see the passion for Prequel-era Star Wars (I like it but I swear nobody else does), and I was so burned by Battlefront II that I automatically give that game a 0/10 for the hubris. 

2/10 same as I gave last year's. Even though the presentation this year was better (not saying much) and the sports sections weren't as long and dragged out.... There was nothing, at least last year had the reveal of Anthem.

Replicant said:

EA's conferences feel like reruns. It's the same boring show every time with too much talk about this year's "revolutionary" sports games. They often have the potential and the content to make an interesting show, but never manage to nail it. EA is highly investor-driven and investors just don't get it.

Soon EA has had the Star Wars license for 6 years and all we've gotten are 2 flawed and very similar Battlefront games.
I hope to see something interesting.

Bioware: Knights of the Old Republic (wishful thinking)
Criterion: Podracer / Tie Fighter / Rogue Squadron (wishful thinking)
EA Vancouver: Jedi Knight / new SW IP (we know they're working on Visceral's Star Wars game)
Respawn: Jedi Knight / new SW IP (we know they're working on a third person Star Wars game)
Petroglyph: Empire at War (wishful thinking)

I kinda got my spiritual sequel to Jedi Knight with Respawn's "Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order". Or at least I hope so. They just vaguely talked about the game :-/

Battlefield and the indie games could be fun for a few hours.

The rest of the show was a borefest as usual with EA.

Command & Conquer (an IP that I love) is a shelf of its former self (the C&C mobile game looked boring).

Anthem looked beautiful but it probably won't be that much different from Destiny.