By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official EA Play 2018 E3 Thread. Rate the show.

Rate The Show Out of 10.

10 2 2.22%

9 0 0%

8 0 0%

7 5 5.56%

6 6 6.67%

5 9 10.00%

4 11 12.22%

3 13 14.44%

2 20 22.22%

1 24 26.67%

Total:90
flashfire926 said:
Alara317 said:

Good for you; did you hear the audience? They sure didn't care. 

And sports games are just the same thing every year. You might play them, sure, but when was the last time you were genuinely excited for a new entry in Fifa? I wouldn't be surprised if VIRTUALLY NOBODY IN THE ENTIRE WORLD jumped at this new mode like half the gaming sphere did when Smash was announced or the FFVII remake was shown for the first time. 

Do you care? Sure. but are you passionate about it? I highly doubt it. Sports games will almost never elicit the same giddy joy or love that other games would. 

So while my statement of 'who cares' is less about the absolutes as you seem to have interpreted it, the actual sentiment is 'who cares enough to be excited?' As in, yay....another Battlefield! Another Sports game. Another Halo. Another Forza. Another Gran Turismo. Another Gears of War. Another Assassin's Creed. Whoop-de-do. Nobody holds the same passion for those titles as they do for smash, or God of War, or Zelda, or Mario, or Grand Theft auto, or Red Dead Redemption, or The Last of Us, or Uncharted. 

You are mistaken. There is a lot of passion for FIFA out there. Just cause me or you don't care doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't care.

I have friends who play JUST sports games, and only tune into EA conference as a result. 

Many people will get excited for Forza Horizon 4, as the last game was phenomenal. GT has an even larger, passionate fanbase as well. You are under the impression that only the games you like have passionate fanbases, when that's not the case.

Pretty much. FIFA is EA's biggest game and is HUGE in europe and will now be even more.

Around the Network

Lmao now fifa has the UEFA champions league, this is going to do ridiculous numbers in Europe!!!! And will bump PS4 sales even more, happy for unravel 2,but the rest was meh, 5/10

must really make a compliment for the trailer of anthem, this is how it should make to show a game

It was even worse than last year's conference, which I didn't think was inherently possible. Well, it's a 3/10. Anthem looks interesting, but not my kind of game honestly. Even though Anthem's trailer was well composed (for CGI, anyway) and quite hype.

I don't think EA ever has good conferences anyway, don't they always wind up having one of the worst usually? I mean, the past two years have been pretty bad, and I do remember that the BF1 EA Play was a shitshow with all that celebrity endorsement.

If I ever need a sleep aid, I'll just play the video from this conference. They had few interesting indie games but the rest was snore inducing. 4/10

Around the Network

That was the best conference so far!

WoodenPints said:

Unravel 2 got an ESRB rating so I expect that is going to be at EA show and not to far away from releasing.

You nailed it.

EA probably isn't getting as much credit for this conference as they ought to. They just set everyone else up to look like fucking heroes. They're really being team players.

That was probably the most unhype E3 presentation i've ever witnessed. Congrats EA... 2/10

Last edited by Shaqazooloo0 - on 09 June 2018