By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Citizen Introduces $27,000 Legatus Pack

John2290 said:
Iif it wasn't a scam before, it is now.

It was always a scam in the eyes of those who didn't understand nor wanted to when it was first announced. 

No amount of transparency is going to get the vitriol folk to ever listen. This is an actual fact at this point.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:

No, the problem ehre is that you're basically challenging digital goodss and claiming them as objectively worthless. if you stopped at admitting you were being subjective, then it could have easily been written off, but no, you're heavily insisting that all digital goods are worthless and a waste of money.

The problem is the backers and people behind  the idea of 27000 USD for imaginary ships, I don't mind with digital goods  at all in fact i love digital goods, but digital goods that you defend is not even worth to defend 

You're basically crapping all over artists, musicians, novelists, and anyone else that sells their goods digitally.

You will not win that war. You will never win a shred of it, because everyone will tear you a new one, and rightfully so.

See, you are trying to make me look like I hate the artist that sell their music for 10 bucks, while in reality,  you the one who defend a shady artist that sell their product more than what they should have deserve.  Buddy  you defending the wrong artist , you have been scammed

People spend their hard earned money on what they want. It is not your decision to make, to tell people what they should spend their money on.

LOL, i am just commenting , I am not even care, how long have you been in Internet. "It called Forums " 

I think some rich folk are insane for spending so much money on fancy food, but guess what?, I don't care in the end because it's not my money, and even then their money goes towards the company they bought from, which in turn gets cycled around the world via purchases and payments to make.

That's great at least you admitted , but the problem is you seems defending the company

Also, people rent movies on netflix, millions of people do this, despite knowing full well that they do not own said media, but are merely renting it. The same way I know that our games are not legally mine, due to the fact that I am paying to make use of the license, to play said game. I do not own the code, nor will I ever. 

Yeah but not for 27000 USD 

HollyGamer said:

The problem is the backers and people behind  the idea of 27000 USD for imaginary ships, I don't mind with digital goods  at all in fact i love digital goods, but digital goods that you defend is not even worth to defend 

They paid for those digital goods out of their own choice. They chose what they wanted to choose. It is not your choice to make at the end of the day.

You are specifically trying to dismantle what people can/cannot buy and that is honestly not a battle worth fighting. 

See, you are trying to make me look like I hate the artist that sell their music for 10 bucks, while in reality,  you the one who defend a shady artist that sell their product more than what they should have deserve.  Buddy  you defending the wrong artist , you have been scammed

You were just arguing against digital goods in general being a "waste", then you moved the goal post, and now you've moved it again.

You're now even calling the very artists who spent hours and weeks worth of their time to work on the game as "shady". Do you have any idea how asinine and ignorant that sounds?.

"defending the wrong artist". No I'm pointing out how ignorant you're being about all of this and now you're going on a hostile rebound because you've been caught out on it. 

LOL, i am just commenting , I am not even care, how long have you been in Internet. "It called Forums " 

If you didn't care this much, you wouldn't be here debating so very hard with me. If you didn't care, you wouldn't even be talking in this very thread, but you do.

That's great at least you admitted , but the problem is you seems defending the company

Nah, it's called letting people do what they want with their money and not belittling and telling them how to spend it within "society". Big difference.

Yeah but not for 27000 USD 

We're on about the core concept here, not the goal shifting price.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

With $180m I could have paid Ubisoft or EA to develop two AAA games for me. Or multiple titles from a smaller and more needy developer such as Crytek. I could develop four and a half sequels to Mass Effect Andromeda, or Shenmue IV to IX. Or filmed a better Star Wars VIII, or another season of Game of Thrones.

I doubt I could live to the HYPE of some internet nerds with a lot of money to spare but little common sense though.

Chazore said:

They paid for those digital goods out of their own choice. They chose what they wanted to choose. It is not your choice to make at the end of the day.

You are specifically trying to dismantle what people can/cannot buy and that is honestly not a battle worth fighting. 

Well I am not trying to convince them, i am trying to find any reasoning why would they?

You were just arguing against digital goods in general being a "waste", then you moved the goal post, and now you've moved it again.

You're now even calling the very artists who spent hours and weeks worth of their time to work on the game as "shady". Do you have any idea how asinine and ignorant that sounds?.

Did i mentioned every digital goods are waste, i bet you need to fix your reading glass. And also it's not " ignorant " it called  " sanity ",  I cannot find a sane person on earth that want to spend 27000 on imaginary thing.

"defending the wrong artist". No I'm pointing out how ignorant you're being about all of this and now you're going on a hostile rebound because you've been caught out on it. 

Which part of my comment hostile ?

If you didn't care this much, you wouldn't be here debating so very hard with me. If you didn't care, you wouldn't even be talking in this very thread, but you do.

Well the point of this thread is not to change people mind isn't ??? or maybe you just seems getting to serious defending this? 

Nah, it's called letting people do what they want with their money and not belittling and telling them how to spend it within "society". Big difference.

In fact i don't care where their money goes or don't care with them nor this thread will be read by all their backers. My reasoning debating is more about why there is a person that defend this shady business  

We're on about the core concept here, not the goal shifting price.

That is even worse 

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:

Well I am not trying to convince them, i am trying to find any reasoning why would they?

No, you're not even remotely trying, instead you're basically belittling them and telling them that they aren't "benefiting mankind". 

"I am trying to find any reasoning why would they", what does that even mean?.

Did i mentioned every digital goods are waste, i bet you need to fix your reading glass. And also it's not " ignorant " it called  " sanity ",  I cannot find a sane person on earth that want to spend 27000 on imaginary thing.

You originally mentioned digital goods in general, then you shifted the posts twice over. Now you're trying to be incredibly picky about a specific digital good, spite it still being a digital good none the less. 

No it is called being ignorant. Your sanity has nothing to do with what someone else does with their money.

Which part of my comment hostile ?

The fact that you assume I'm defending "the wrong artist". Do not assume, just do not.

Well the point of this thread is not to change people mind isn't ??? or maybe you just seems getting to serious defending this? 

No, the point of this thread was to drag a game, a game mind you  that is still in it's Alpha stages through the mud once again. The thread has basically been created to serve as an echo chamber of hate against something others never liked, nor wanted to like in the first place. The funny thing is, those going against it are not denying it, nor making up reasons as to when and why they will give the game a chance (despite the fact that they know it's not even finished).

I'm not even that serious. I'm just fed up of seeing the same thread type cropping up from the same group of people over and over. it's become tedious and stupid to see at this point.

You think spending a lot of cash on something digital is stupid and insane?, I think this thread being made every few months is the same.

That is even worse 

It actually isn't, but do try. 

Iv played the beta and the game isnt very well optimised for my current $2.5k gaming PC. That said the game is very beautiful and is the most ambitions game i have ever tried so far.
Fingerels crossed its not to far away. Hoping at this E3 they have alot to say.

This game needs to be released on Steam. There download Launcher is shit.

This is going down in the history books as my all time favorite thread.

Star Citizen hasn't raised $170 or whatever million in crowdfunding. Selling micro-transactions for an unfinished game is not crowdfunding in any way shape or form. I don't know what Star Citizen raised from the initial kickstarter, and what they raised from their own website, before micro-transactions. But whatever the combination of those two numbers is, is whatever they actually raised via crowdfunding.

The funny thing here is that they don't have investors to pay back whenever they are finished. There is no interest on their capital, because they didn't borrow it. So, not only did they manage to get a ton of money, but they don't have to worry about paying investors back for 1.5 to 2 times the initial investment, like most other business do. This makes CIG one of the easiest companies to run and manage, because you have absolutely zero money worries at all. It's as if CIG rubbed a magic lamp, and was given borderline infinite amounts of cash.

So given the above paragraph, the fact that they haven't finished yet, is hilarious. It's been five years since development of the game really got underway. Yes, I know the kickstarter ended in late 2012, but they needed six months to get a crew together, so I'll give them that, and assume that development started summer 2013. Nearly infinite amounts of cash, and they are nowhere close to finished. Yes, other games have taken 10 or 8 years to finish, but those games had development start and stop. Those games had investors to worry about paying back, or higher ups, on a board of directors, looking to turn a profit. Those games, had someone walk in halfway through development, flip the coffee table, and force the developer to start over from scratch. Nintendo is infamous for flipping the proverbial coffee table on its own games. Star Citizen has absolutely no reason for development to start and stop. They don't have to worry about some big corporate bigwigs flipping the coffee table on them. And they have double or triple the amounts of capital that other devs work with. And it's all INTEREST FREE! But their game still isn't out yet. Ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous!

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 09 June 2018

Still cheaper than gambling.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Cerebralbore101 said:

This is going down in the history books as my all time favorite thread.

Going by what 3 people in particular were jabbering about, I can easily imagine why.