By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Citizen Introduces $27,000 Legatus Pack

CladInShadows said:
Some of you need to open a dictionary and learn what scam means.

You're asking the wrong users on the wrong site.

No amount of explanations will ever change their viewpoint, let alone their level of understanding. All you will be met with is smarmy and vitriol responses.

User warned - Bristow9091

Last edited by Bristow9091 - on 09 June 2018

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said: 

You're now arguing digital goods, which is something you're will win against

Fixed for you.  Also don't compare everything with digital goods, my tweeter account is more productive then 2700  dollars imaginary ships. LMAO 

HollyGamer said:
Conina said:

The video game industry has annual revenues of more than 50 billion dollars... how much of that money benefits human society?

Well not for the consumers, rich company like EA for example create billion of dollars  only for them self 

That's pretty easy seeing we live in a capitalist society , it accrues the same benefits for society as most other industries   be it in terms of employment or the general economy .

The problem with the $27000 is not so much the figure more that it is construed as a cash grab with very little in the way of value  for money when you compare it historically to  other special offers from the gaming industry and this coming  from an already  successfully funded game, so It's not about the people buying it, rather the necessity of having it when you have plenty of tiered plans anyway.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Chazore said: 

No amount of explanations will ever change their viewpoint, let alone their level of understanding. All you will be met with is smarmy and vitriol responses.

Or maybe it's time to not defend shady business , like i know for PC elitist like u will defend this games like heaven and hell. 

mjk45 said:
HollyGamer said:

Well not for the consumers, rich company like EA for example create billion of dollars  only for them self 

That's pretty easy seeing we live in a capitalist society , it accrues the same benefits for society as most other industries   be it in terms of employment or the general economy .

The problem with the $27000 is not so much the figure more that it is construed as a cash grab with very little in the way of value  for money when you compare it historically to  other special offers from the gaming industry and this coming  from an already  successfully funded game, so It's not about the people buying it, rather the necessity of having it when you have plenty of tiered plans anyway.

Yeah , i don't mind on Games in general, DLC in general . But spending money that exceed a value of games is ridiculous crazy for my way of thinking. 

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
Chazore said: 

You're now arguing digital goods, which is something you're will win against

Fixed for you.  Also don't compare everything with digital goods, my tweeter account is more productive then 2700  dollars imaginary ships. LMAO 

Please, do tell me how you're going to win against multiple industries, that have legal ties and are perfectly valid in selling their digital goods both online and offline. I would love to see that court case go down.

Twitter has nothing to do with this conversation. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

HollyGamer said:

Or maybe it's time to not defend shady business , like i know for PC elitist like u will defend this games like heaven and hell. 

You mean like how we've been seeing console ones defending the likes of EA, Activision, Ubisoft, MS and more over the past few decades?.

I've seen it on both sides mate. Only difference is, this is one company vs other multi million dollar companies.

Chazore said:
HollyGamer said:

Please, do tell me how you're going to win against multiple industries, that have legal ties and are perfectly valid in selling their digital goods both online and offline. I would love to see that court case go down.

Twitter has nothing to do with this conversation. 

The problem  is  you compare 27000 imaginary ship with digital goodies. and is not even a goodies and not have any value in real world what so ever.  You cannot use your 27000 ships in real world. 

Listen, i don't mind gaming in general, i don't mind DLC, or space games, but asking you to pay 27000 for a ships and unfinished games on top of that is freaking crazy. 

Chazore said:
HollyGamer said:

You mean like how we've been seeing console ones defending the likes of EA, Activision, Ubisoft, MS and more over the past few decades?.

I've seen it on both sides mate. Only difference is, this is one company vs other multi million dollar companies.

The difference is EA, Activision , Konami or Microsoft finish their games. And Star Citizen is not even Alpha.  And on top of that it's more the a thousand dollar 

So EA , Activision and Konami are evil but they are a company that have legal business with and people who invest in their company invest money to make money on it. While backers on Star Citizen will not even enjoy their investment accept a couple of good games. 

HollyGamer said:

The problem  is  you compare 27000 imaginary ship with digital goodies. and is not even a goodies and not have any value in real world what so ever.  You cannot use your 27000 ships in real world. 

Listen, i don't mind gaming in general, i don't mind DLC, or space games, but asking you to pay 27000 for a ships and unfinished games on top of that is freaking crazy. 

No, the problem ehre is that you're basically challenging digital goodss and claiming them as objectively worthless. if you stopped at admitting you were being subjective, then it could have easily been written off, but no, you're heavily insisting that all digital goods are worthless and a waste of money.

You're basically crapping all over artists, musicians, novelists, and anyone else that sells their goods digitally.

You will not win that war. You will never win a shred of it, because everyone will tear you a new one, and rightfully so.

People spend their hard earned money on what they want. It is not your decision to make, to tell people what they should spend their money on.

I think some rich folk are insane for spending so much money on fancy food, but guess what?, I don't care in the end because it's not my money, and even then their money goes towards the company they bought from, which in turn gets cycled around the world via purchases and payments to make.

Also, people rent movies on netflix, millions of people do this, despite knowing full well that they do not own said media, but are merely renting it. The same way I know that our games are not legally mine, due to the fact that I am paying to make use of the license, to play said game. I do not own the code, nor will I ever.