By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Citizen Introduces $27,000 Legatus Pack

CGI-Quality said:
HollyGamer said:

Well even if i was right and you are wrong i bet you would not understand and this discussion will keep going until both of us get a banned. So i hope people will see that your reasoning is really unrealistic to defend this shady business, i can see many people in this thread don't want to discuss with u because your attitude.  Good luck having people to be your allies in this matter .

Pemalite told you two to move on. So that's what needs to happen. Don't respond anymore.

i did 6 hours ago  

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
There is nothing wrong with hobby or to investing in hobby as it's has real life value, asking 27000 is really crazy especially for something that is useless in real life.

I agree. I personally believe all Micro-transactions to be silly, hence why I typically don't partake in such purchases.
In StarCitizens case though, I understand why they exist.

Still, love watching the uproar and protest, it's consumer power at work... And it gives pause to companies thinking along similar lines.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

How close is Star Citizen to setting a record for the most expensive vaporware/development hell in video game history?

Found this rant on youtube by a user called Playbanosh. He sums up SC so well. 

"As someone smarter than me once said "It's never too late to bail on a bad investment."
Just like thousands of others, I was one of the first backers of Star Citizen back then. I even purchased upgrade packs, got the T-shirt and citizen card to prove it.
Cue 6 years (SIX. YEARS.) and 200 MILLION DOLLARS later what we got is half a (broken) tech-demo and empty promises. Oh, and the worlds biggest DLC/microtrasaction store, full of NON-EXISTENT ships, assets and decorative garbage no one ever asked for. And the biggest joke ever, CitizenCon, the expo where all the sad idiots can enthuse together about a non-existent game and be goaded into buying even more non-existent game assets and pretend it's the best thing ever..

Plain and simple, Star Citizen is the biggest scam the video game world has ever seen and I'm ashamed my money supported this filth. I actually feel sorry for all the delusional suckers who kept paying for more and more through the years and by now they invested so much money and time into Star Citizen they turned into Roberts' PR hyenas. Because it IS a delusion. Star Citizen is NOT a game, it's not even vaporware, it's a glorified tech-demo with bits and pieces working (sometimes) and a marketing machine that's 20 times the size of the actual "dev team" (huge air-quotes). I mean, come on, Chris Roberts is an evil genius, he's been selling a non-existent game for 6 years. He managed to sucker tens of thousands of people into buying essentially NOTHING. Thin air and empty promises. He made a fortune off of basically CGI trailers and concept art.

And it's in Roberts' best interest to NEVER ever release the full game. Think about it. For one, it's the Duke Nukem Forever effect. The "finished" game, after this much squandered funding and development hell, could NEVER in a million years live up to the colossal expectations. Second, they'll need to stop selling empty promises and concept art, stretch goals, "future" ships and whatnot, and we all know that'll never happen. Third, and most importantly, the entire Pay2Win thing! What about those sad fools who paid hundreds or maybe thousands of dollars for upgrade packs, ships, subscriptions and stuff? If the game ever becomes a full release, these people will demand their money's worth. Coincidentally, only these guys will have any amount of fun in the game. All of us plebs will putter around in our tiny starting dinghy while Mr. Money and friends will scoot around in giant capital ships made of solid unobtanium from day 1, exploring, having fun... or more likely terrorizing the "noobs" with gleeful abandon. Star Citizen is P2W before it even saw release and will have to be EVEN MORE SO after release, lest the big backers revolt and take their money elsewhere. To add insult to injury, I'm completely sure the full release will be worse than a mobile game, chock full of in-game ads loudly proclaiming the virtues of subscribing, buying packs, etc. "You COULD sit here and mine iron for months or wash the dirty laundry of xXx_CapitalDouche_xXx to be able to get a slightly bigger flying port-a-john...OR your COULD buy one of these shiny upgrade packs and roll with big boys! Buy NOW for only $14.99!!"

TL;DR: Start Citizen is everything wrong with video games today."

A random youtube comment that happens to fit what you agree with. Not really that surprising tbh. Any negativity surrounding this game seems to be aligning with those that never liked the game in the first place.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
A random youtube comment that happens to fit what you agree with. Not really that surprising tbh. Any negativity surrounding this game seems to be aligning with those that never liked the game in the first place.

It's not relevant what anyone thinks of the game at all, the criticism is justified. Why not try refuting the arguments instead of discrediting someone's opinion with some meaningless assumption?

Cerebralbore101 said:

Found this rant on youtube by a user called Playbanosh. He sums up SC so well. 

<SNIP>

Well. That is the very definition of a confirmation bias.

I mean, StarCitizen obviously has it's points which can be heavily criticized, but at the same time it is a stupidly ambitious project... And I am keen to see what the end result goes before I pass judgement on something I have never actually played.
I.E Don't judge a book by it's cover.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Chrizum said:

It's not relevant what anyone thinks of the game at all, the criticism is justified. Why not try refuting the arguments instead of discrediting someone's opinion with some meaningless assumption?

Why, when it becomes a waste of time in trying to prove how wrong others are within this thread?. Not many people in here like being proven wrong, so they cotinuesly look for more evidence that supports their bias. 

Also "meaningless assumption"?. Practice what you preach.

Pemalite has already pointed this out. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

I urge others to wait until the game is complete and officially released. At its current state I have to say avoid it at all cost.

Don't do what I did, you'll hate yourself for it.

Proof.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

I urge others to wait until the game is complete and officially released. At its current state I have to say avoid it at all cost.

Don't do what I did, you'll hate yourself for it.

Waiting for it's completion is what I've been doing since 2012, just like I've been doing for CDPR's Cyberpunk.