By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 22): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - May 28- June 03, 2018

Jranation said:
Megiddo said:
Yeah, particularly bad initial week for Blazblue on the Switch.

How did it do compared to past entries? It seemed like it sold lower on all platforms  

It did bad on all, namely if you consider that PS4 would have had an established fanbase for this franchise and it declined by almost half from last entry. 

Around the Network

Congrats Zelda for the Million!

And Labo showing quite some legs there, doesn't look like it will drop out of the charts anytime soon now.

After reading more it seems that this Blazblue in particularly is more focused on the west with characters from RWBY (I'm not sure what this is?) which I think has more fans in the west than Japan. Other than the RWBY characters all other content in this release is cloned from past Blazblue games, so yeah, not surprised now that it did so poorly.

Megiddo said:
After reading more it seems that this Blazblue in particularly is more focused on the west with characters from RWBY (I'm not sure what this is?) which I think has more fans in the west than Japan. Other than the RWBY characters all other content in this release is cloned from past Blazblue games, so yeah, not surprised now that it did so poorly.

That's RWBY: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sGiE10zNQM&list=PLUBVPK8x-XMhCW2fW7ZYlD9MHjvmT8IGK

And RWBY is fairly popular in Japan - enough to get a japanese dub

Happy 1 million BotW! Well deserved! Now lets go for best selling Zelda Game in Japan!

Around the Network

No big releases, but switch managed to increase.
Had anything to do with pokemon let's go announcement?

The dockless bundle for Switch released in Japan so I think that helped push things back to 40k.

jonathanalis said:
No big releases, but switch managed to increase.
Had anything to do with pokemon let's go announcement?

It has gone up every week this month with no major releases.

Week 19-31,720

Week 20-33,125

Week 21-36,590

Week 22-40,587

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Yes for Zelda!

Nice to see Switch steadily increasing every week, pac man in full effect

PS4 and SW increased a little bit WoW. BlazBlue sold pretty poorly, but a crossover fighting game with a Western IP is hardly a recipe for success in Japan. ASW needs another new IP.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.