By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Anticipated E3 Press Conference/Event of 2018?

Most Anticipated E3 Press Conference/Event of 2018?

Bethesda 106 4.07%

Devolver Digital 16 0.61%

Electornic Arts 5 0.19%

Microsoft 315 12.10%

Nintendo 1,105 42.45%

PC Gaming Show 26 1.00%

Sony 892 34.27%

Square Enix 79 3.03%

Ubisoft 17 0.65%

None of the Above 42 1.61%

Total:2,603

Nintendo, followed by Devolver Digital. Maybe also the PC Gaming show.

Gonna watch EA later for the cringe and bile, though

Around the Network

I'm surprised only one person is excited for EA's E3. It's like no one else wants to see the World War II expansion pack for Fortnite.

Sorry I’ve only got a phone to use this website so it’s really hard to operate lol. Forget this this post

Last edited by StokedUp - on 06 June 2018

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Azzanation said:
Errorist76 said:

Why would they do this after Halo Wars 2 flopped so badly in terms of sales? Very unlikely imho.

One game doing average doesnt mean another will.. Also why not? There spin offs not AAA sequels. Making these games bond well with PC and Xbox ecosystems. Plus Halo Wars 1 did well for the 360.

Besides rumours say it could be a Gears of War Xcom style. That works well with the Gears franchise. Id buy it.

I don't wanto to be a nitpicky, but XCOM is not a Real-Time Strategy game, but a Turn-Based Strategy game. Sure, both are about strategy games, but the gameplay is completely different.

That said, a Gear of War TBS like XCOM could work ver, very well. I hope it's true... and in that case, I also hope they launch it on Steam too.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Azzanation said:

One game doing average doesnt mean another will.. Also why not? There spin offs not AAA sequels. Making these games bond well with PC and Xbox ecosystems. Plus Halo Wars 1 did well for the 360.

Besides rumours say it could be a Gears of War Xcom style. That works well with the Gears franchise. Id buy it.

I don't wanto to be a nitpicky, but XCOM is not a Real-Time Strategy game, but a Turn-Based Strategy game. Sure, both are about strategy games, but the gameplay is completely different.

That said, a Gear of War TBS like XCOM could work ver, very well. I hope it's true... and in that case, I also hope they launch it on Steam too.

It would work very well as a TBS game, i am hoping its TBS, however some say its a Halo Wars styled Gears. So its all just rumours. 

I like both so either way i wont complain aslong as there good.

Around the Network

The perfect Sony conference.

01) Ghost of Tsushima
02) MediEvil Remaster
03) Shadows Die Twice 
04) Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
05) Spider-Man
06) Resident Evil 2 Remaster
07) Devil May Cry 5
08) VR montage
09) Death Stranding
10) Concrete Genie
11) The Avengers Project
12) Destiny 2: Forsaken
13) Red Dead Redemption 2 
14) Splinter Cell
15) Borderlands 3 
16) Dreams
17) The Last of Us - Part II

Last edited by LordLichtenstein - on 06 June 2018

Azzanation said:
JEMC said:

It would work very well as a TBS game, i am hoping its TBS, however some say its a Halo Wars styled Gears. So its all just rumours. 

I like both so either way i wont complain aslong as there good.

I also hope it's a TBS, if it's true, of course. After all, they already have all the ingredients: all kind of weapons for the different clases of soldiers, plus different kinds of grenades and that drone like the Gremlin from XCOM 2. And in all the Gears of War you're always playing within a squad, just like you would in a TBS game.

Besides, this would give MSoft a foot in two different genres, with Halo Wars catering the RTS fans and this hypothetical game pleasing the TBS fans.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Definitely Nintendo. The Switch is the console that I am most interested in by far. Nintendo seems like they are into trying new IP right now (Arms, Labo, 1 2 Switch). Even if Arms is the only halfway decent one in the bunch, I like that they are experimenting. I'm definitely going to get Smash Bros if it is not a port, so I'm interested in that. Also, games that are on the PS4 are more fun on the Switch to me, because of potential portability. So I'm interested to see what gets ported over. Basically E3 is mostly about Nintendo for me.

Sony, I doubt will have anything interesting, but I would love for them to surprise me. They have already released most of their big guns for the PS4 and I don't think they want to talk about PS5 until next year. Also, I don' care about The Last of US 2, and I think VR is mostly stupid. So I don't expect much from Sony. Please prove me wrong Sony!

Microsoft I'll watch hoping to get a good laugh. I was very entertained when they made a big deal about "Minecraft in 4k"!

Definitely interested on Sony's conference. Although I have to admit that showing all your cards like Sony did seemed a bit precipitated, especially if it's about games that we've already seen (which will bore the hell out of many because of the lack of surprises). But this is a grand chance for Sony to surprise us with new gameplay and further expand on the games that we're about to receive. I'm really not seeing any new IPs or games on the conference, but I do see them showing new things of these games. I bet Death Stranding will be the surprise of the show.

Nintendo will always have my highest curiosity. Nintendo has the potential to rock my world with only a simple nod to a bunch of classic franchises. Next is Sony. Especially if Bloodborne 2 ends up being real (I don't think it is though). I'm mildly interested in MS because just about anything announced there will also come out on PC. The PC conference is always a morbid curiosity, but it never amounts to anything. Square Enix is almost guaranteed to disappoint me, but ya never know.

Not a single fuck given about the EA conference, though. I can't think of a more useless publisher.