Forums - Sports Discussion - Football Thread 21/22

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%

Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019
Ka-pi96 said:
Spain have just sacked Julen Lopetegui as manager due to him agreeing to become Real Madrid manager.

Way to (possibly) screw up Spain's World Cup Real Madrid

All thanks to the self-proclaimed champions of Spanishness.

You can bet that if Spain does poorly in the Word Cup they'll blame Piqué.

Around the Network

Disappointed to see that they've given the 2026 World Cup to North America.

Co-hosting it in 3 huge countries is just a stupid idea. An individual Canadian, American or Mexican World Cup would be an exciting prospect (other than when they spell/pronounce football wrong ) but a combined one is just dumb.

I agree, it’ll be way too stretched out. Could’ve easily been in one of them. Doesn’t really matter to me anyway it’s not like I’ll go there.

Player2 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Spain have just sacked Julen Lopetegui as manager due to him agreeing to become Real Madrid manager.

Way to (possibly) screw up Spain's World Cup Real Madrid

All thanks to the self-proclaimed champions of Spanishness.

You can bet that if Spain does poorly in the Word Cup they'll blame Piqué.

I can hear the screams now

´it were those damn Catalunyans screwing up the National team HalaMadrid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!´

I don't see USA.

They lost ?

My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m

XBS: 7.5m

Around the Network

I dont mind this. Itll make for a good world cup with plenty of variety in stadiums and more chances for people to go watch their own team play.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I don't see USA.

They lost ?

Yep, they failed to qualify. Lost their final game 2-1 against Trinidad & Tobago so Panama qualified instead of them.

Ka-pi96 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I don't see USA.

They lost ?

Yep, they failed to qualify. Lost their final game 2-1 against Trinidad & Tobago so Panama qualified instead of them.

Thanks.

My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m

XBS: 7.5m

@Everyone Might be a good time to start submitting match predictions, particularly for Russia vs Saudi Arabia tomorrow.
@RolStoppable @kirby007 @Kerotan Any of you want to submit some predictions?
@Nymeria Any predictions for the tournament and golden boot winners?
@Pinkie_pie Any predictions for which teams will finish in the top 2 for each group?
@Wyrdness Any golden boot winner prediction?

As for the predictions we've had so far...
Germany are our favourites with 9 people backing them so far. Argentina & Brazil are second with 5 each.
Ronaldo and Messi are our joint favourites for the Golden Boot with 5 predictions each, while Neymar is a close second with 4.
Saudi Arabia, Morocco, South Korea, Panama & Tunisia are the only teams that not a single person has predicted will make it to the knockout stage.

I should do that later tonight, did you update the OP with everything i should fill in?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.