By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Switch Dominate The Holiday Season?

Will the Switch Dominate The Holiday Season?

Yes 69 50.74%

No, Sony will 42 30.88%

No, Microsoft will 5 3.68%

Not sure 20 14.71%

Total:136
MasonADC said:
What are we considering the holiday? October through December? Either way I think Switch will lead when smash comes out to the end of the year

Yeah October- December.

Around the Network

This thread is really showing the cluelessness of some.

I'll post some facts: The XBO will be dominated by both the Switch and PS4. That's the only domination this holiday season.

Yes. But don't ask why !

Another wild card - Nintendo (though they've been okay lately) is notorious for not hitting their announced software release dates. Until we're 30 days or so out from a stated release date, I don't think it is safe to assume that any game will launch when they say.

I’m thinking we’ll hear about some big releases from Sony. Not to mention PS4 is at a point in which a price drop isn’t unheard of.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network
quickrick said:

mainline pokemon didn't propel 3ds into  new heights

No but it did give it a massive year over year boost and by far its best Oct ever.

Oct 2011-755k

Oct 2012-875k

Oct 2013-1620k

Oct 2014-975k

Oct 2015-350k

Oct 2016-440k

Oct 2017-515k

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

FentonCrackshell said:
I’m thinking we’ll hear about some big releases from Sony. Not to mention PS4 is at a point in which a price drop isn’t unheard of.

Like what? Sony hasnt really been known to release big 1st party titles over the holidays this generation.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
FentonCrackshell said:

Like what? Sony hasnt really been known to release big 1st party titles over the holidays this generation.

Red Dead 2 bundled with a price cut would definitely prove noteworthy. Guess that’s not really something we haven’t heard about but I’d imagine that would definitely drive PS4 sales throughout the season. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Depends if Sony give the ps4 a long overdue price cut or not. $100 price cut + BO4 + rdr2 + kh3+ fifa + bfv + spiderman should ensure ps4 sells a lot this September - December. Switch could beat ps4 but unlikely to dominate.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

mainline pokemon didn't propel 3ds into  new heights

No but it did give it a massive year over year boost and by far its best Oct ever.

Oct 2011-755k

Oct 2012-875k

Oct 2013-1620k

Oct 2014-975k

Oct 2015-350k

Oct 2016-440k

Oct 2017-515k

I expect a nice boost, 600k for the month it launches, then everything will be back to normal.  keep in mind 3ds was much cheaper as well.