By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Switch Dominate The Holiday Season?

Will the Switch Dominate The Holiday Season?

Yes 69 50.74%

No, Sony will 42 30.88%

No, Microsoft will 5 3.68%

Not sure 20 14.71%

Total:136
FentonCrackshell said:
zorg1000 said:

Like what? Sony hasnt really been known to release big 1st party titles over the holidays this generation.

Red Dead 2 bundled with a price cut would definitely prove noteworthy. Guess that’s not really something we haven’t heard about but I’d imagine that would definitely drive PS4 sales throughout the season. 

Gotcha, the way you worded made me think you were talking about Sony developed games.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

The pokemon game is a remake of yellow, not a spin off. The sooner everyone looks into it more than the reveal trailer and realizes that, the sooner we can seriously discuss this topic.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:

The pokemon game is a remake of yellow, not a spin off. The sooner everyone looks into it more than the reveal trailer and realizes that, the sooner we can seriously discuss this topic.

They even stated its a mainline title so i have no idea why anybody is calling it a spinoff.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Shiken said:

They even stated its a mainline title so i have no idea why anybody is calling it a spinoff.

I know right?  Well in any case, this plus Smash is going to make Switch very hard to beat this holiday.

Then next year we have Bayo 3, Metroid Prime 4, and a NEW mainline pokemon coming...not even counting anything else that gets revealed.

This year started slow, but it seems more and more like it is just a calm before a massive storm when it comes to moving more consoles.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I think it will depend on how much Nintendo will be willing to play the Price-war.  If they play greedy then it will happen the same as last year.

Around the Network

as long they dont have a stock issue, with Smash/Pokemon, they should do pretty well

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

chakkra said:

I think it will depend on how much Nintendo will be willing to play the Price-war.  If they play greedy then it will happen the same as last year.

Nintendo needs to bundle the Switch with either Odyssey or MK8 if theyre arent going to price cut. Especially if Sony and/or Microsoft do $199/189 again.

Are you triying to be sarcastic with that question?

Ka-pi96 said:
Nope, Sony is going to do great with FIFA + RDR2. Even if Switch were to sell the most (which I doubt), it won't be by anywhere near a large enough margin to say that it "dominated" (except in Japan).

Pretty much this.

quickrick said:
i think pokemon go wont be a huge success, it looks real stupid and impressions have been negative. it will do the same as last year.

Dude, it's Pokemon. When was the last time a big Pokemon RPG like this wasn't a huge success? If you look at the brand of Pokemon it doesn't really matter what the first impression is.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The pokemon is a spin off thingy.... and Im not sure smash alone can carry it above the PS4.

PS4 will have:
Spiderman
Red Dead Redemption 2
Call of Duty
Dragon Quest XI
Spyro Reignited triology
Shadow of the Tombraider
Battlefield V
Kingdom Hearts 3

Overall I think PS4 has stronger software than the Switch has, end of the year.