By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Pokemon Company generated $80.8 million during the last fiscal year

The Pokemon Company has reported its financial results for the period ending February 28, 2018. During the last fiscal year, net profits sat at $80.8 million.

The previous fiscal year saw a $145.6 million profit, which was the highest in the company’s history. Pokemon GO as well as Pokemon Sun/Moon were the big contributors at the time. Pokemon GO and Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon were still positives this time around, but had less of an impact on net profit.

Despite the downturn, The Pokemon Company managed to achieve the second highest net profit in its history. It’s also almost as much as all net profits from fiscal years 1-18 combined.

The last ten fiscal years’ net profits are as follows:

11th fiscal (for the year that ended on February 28, 2009): $10.1 million
12th fiscal: -$1.3 million (loss)
13th fiscal: $12.3 million
14th fiscal: -$3.6 million
15th fiscal : $16.8 million
16th fiscal: $10.8 million
17th fiscal: $18.7 million
18th fiscal: $5.7 million
19th fiscal: $145.6 million
20th fiscal: $80.8 million

Source

https://nintendoeverything.com/the-pokemon-company-generated-80-8-million-during-the-last-fiscal-year/

Last edited by Green098 - on 28 May 2018

Around the Network

19th fiscal year profit was higher than late 90s even?

Pretty nice profits.

Ka-pi96 said:
KLAMarine said:
19th fiscal year profit was higher than late 90s even?

It was only founded in '98 and was initially just responsible for the Pokemon Centre stores, so profit from the late 90s wouldn't really have been that great.

I see. Thanks.

Jesus you can make so much money with phones it is not even funny. Makes me feel some despair for the future of console games. I very much dislike all mobile games, specially the money funneling(micro transactions) and casualness of it.

Around the Network

It is not so high like as expected? Well it is fine some years were small though considering the merchandise etc.

I wonder if some of the lower profit for FY 20 (compared to FY 19) can be attributed to the Pokemon Switch title forthcoming.

Very good numbers.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Well that explains Let's Go Pikachu.

konnichiwa said:
It is not so high like as expected? Well it is fine some years were small though considering the merchandise etc.

This is profit, not revenue. I think Nintendo's profit this past year was like $1.6 billion? And they have so many ips and whatnot. Pokemon has basically 1 ip they make money off.