By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Sets April Sales Records For Software (Since 1995) Hardware (Since 2009)

The software thing is skewed because it's only based on money earned and not actual units shipped. I'm sure the PS2 sold more games in a month in it's peak than PS4, or any other home console for that matter.

Around the Network

God-Tier

All hail god of war effect

GribbleGrunger said:
Tmfwang said:
The Kratos effect :)

Exclusives don't make a difference to console sales
Consoles are dead

...also single player games are dead

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Exclusives don't make a difference to console sales
Consoles are dead

...also single player games are dead

I was going to add that and forgot! But yeah, as I keep saying, Thank God for Sony and Nintendo. The good old days are back folks!

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

the gif that keeps on giving

JRPGfan said:

the gif that keeps on giving

No further words.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

PS4 had an amazing performance in April and it will undoubtedly continue throughout 2018! Kratos is a freaking beast!

hashtag teamkratos!

"The audience for those big story-driven games... I won’t say it isn’t as large, but they’re not as consistent,"
"You’ll have things like Zelda or Horizon Zero Dawn that’ll come out, and they’ll do really well, but they don’t have the same impact that they used to have" - Phil

God of War must be the expection to the rule then :P