By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - John Kodera: “PS4 Is Entering The Final Stages Of It’s Life-Cycle.”

Still more than happy with my base model launch PS4, great little machine.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

I hate news like this, now I feel I should trade in my PS4Pro now to get maximum store credit towards PS5. Cause once Sony announce PS5 the value for PS4 trade ins is cut in half.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 22 May 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Could he mean that software development may be slowing down?, after all they would need to start developing titles for PS5.

2021 would be ideal, this way we will see a bigger next gen gap. 3 years from now tech would have jumped a shit ton.

deskpro2k3 said:

I hate news like this, now I feel I should trade in my PS4Pro now to get maximum store credit towards PS5. Cause once Sony announce PS5 the value for PS4 trade ins is cut in half.

You would trade in the PS4 Pro even if the launch of the PS5 is more than a year away and lose access to your PS4 games for over a year just to save some bucks?

Around the Network

Just because the PS5 is out doesn’t mean they’ll stop producing the PS4. 2021 is out of the question imho and I don’t see what he said hinting at that. 3.5 years left (and 5-6 until they stop production) and calling it final stages would be contradictory in itself. I still bet on 2020 the latest.

Yea, where is he hinting a 2021 ps5 launch?

When do people think ps2 or ps3 where at their final stages.

The really interesting stuff isnt in the OP.

"Kodera also stated that you can expect more PlayStation exclusives going forward, perhaps alluding to The Last of Us Part II and Days Gone. Not just more new IPs but successful franchises making a comeback and older IPs with a refresh or reboot as well."

Go Sony.

Hunting Season is done...

I'm Gucci with a release in 2020 so as long they keep tlou in PS4  

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
OdinHades said:
Whenever it will be released, I'm not buying at launch this time. I'll wait for the PS5 Pro right away. =P

Doubt there will be a PS5pro.
Everything will run 4k30-60 next gen.

What woulda PS5pro or Xbox Two X do? 8k? meh.

OdinHades said:
Whenever it will be released, I'm not buying at launch this time. I'll wait for the PS5 Pro right away. =P

Probably should just wait for PS6 at that point. It will likely be B/C with PS4 and PS5, with additional enhancements. But, then PS6 Pro will be right around the corner. I guess the best thing to do is just keep waiting. ;)

JRPGfan said:

Doubt there will be a PS5pro.
Everything will run 4k30-60 next gen.

What woulda PS5pro or Xbox Two X do? 8k? meh.

I would bet on a PS5 Pro. An upgrade to the resolution of PSVR2 will be necessary around the mid way point of next gen, and 8K TV will be in the same boat 4K/HDR is in right now. I would say look for PS5 Pro and PSVR2 Pro around 2025 or 2026, whenever 3nm fabrication is ready. 

Oh, and 1 last thing. 8K on anything under 70", meh. 8K on 70" or more, bring it.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL