By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - John Kodera: “PS4 Is Entering The Final Stages Of It’s Life-Cycle.”

Final stage for PS4 on market and PS5 launch in 2021. dont make sense.
I still go with 2019/2020. launch.

Around the Network

You guys also need to consider new 4k screens tech by 2019 and 2020. SONY and Samsung are in developing a new OLED tech that will last and have a bright peek like LCD. It called microLED, and also it will have less respond time for games and faster frame rates. This probably going to be mass produce in 2021 and the price of 4k TV will be far cheaper compared from today standard.

Also i forgot to mention they need to wait for the RAM price to be more stable and cheaper , there is something wrong with RAM price at the moment.

Good gives me more time to get through my back catalogue of unopened PS4 games

2021 release sounds fine to me. I'm still in no rush to move to a new console generation since I have a huge number of games still to buy and play on the current gen systems. Not that I'm really planning on buying any console at launch. If the PS5 is released in 2021, then I'll probably get it in 2023 at the earliest.

Around the Network
OdinHades said:
Whenever it will be released, I'm not buying at launch this time. I'll wait for the PS5 Pro right away. =P

That's the big problem with those upgrade consoles, a lesson Sega learned the hard way. After the 32X, players were wary about the Saturn being just another half step. However, when it became clear the Saturn was here to stay, it was already too late - Sony had gobbled up it's market share in the meantime.

For PS5/Xbox Next this means that the consoles will loose out some early customers because they are waiting for the upgraded version instead. This can lead to a slow start, and as a result, a slow transition from the 3rd party studios to the new consoles if the old ones are still selling somewhat decent

jardesonbarbosa said:

That's the part where PS5 is hinted to be coming until 2021.

I mean, I guess that's the part.

That basically announces PS5 for holiday season 2020, unless they want to follow Nintendos footsteps and release in March

Oh Mochizuki, You again.

Another interesting tidbit from that article is that PSVR is showing growth but at a slower rate than expected.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Looking at sales PS4 could easily survive an early XB2 launch, so fuck it why not. A PS5 releasing in 2021 would be almost twice as powerful as one released in 2019.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'