By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Arms hurt itself by pushing motion controls

Motion controls work well, and I personally feel like they're better than standard controls. Keep in mind both control options has advantages over the others. Motion players have the ability to do more easily tho. For example we can do wide grabs and also dash the opposite direction to where we want our punch to go while still controlling that punch's curve. There is a learning curve and the controller can be easier to pick up and can give you better precise movements, motion controls, I feel are personally better.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network

I prefer the motiom controls over the pro controller, and win most online matches using them.

So you my good sir, are horribly incorrect as more optiona that are not forced (you do not have to use them) do not prevent sales. Just seems like you have a vendetta against motion controls in general if you ask me, no matter how good they are.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

In my opinion it is too expensive.

Nintendo did with ARMS what they should have done with Star Fox Zero. Give you the option of motion or physical controls. I mainly play arms with a pro controller, especially when playing competitively but mix it up with motion controls to freshen it up sometimes.

Shiken said:
I prefer the motiom controls over the pro controller, and win most online matches using them.

So you my good sir, are horribly incorrect as more optiona that are not forced (you do not have to use them) do not prevent sales. Just seems like you have a vendetta against motion controls in general if you ask me, no matter how good they are.

No, i use motion controls in Splatoon 2 and tried them in DOOM but was already used to traditional controls in that game. I like motion controls when I can still lay down or just chill out and play. And I loved playing party games like Wii sports. I just feel Arms is way deeper and more technical and I am way better with the pro controller.

Around the Network

Maybe for fat people and other ailments that cause trouble with moving it is a better experience to use buttons, as you won’t get tired. In my experience the game is significantly better using the motion controls. It’s part of what makes the game distinct.

Pretty much 100% of you tubers who complained about the motion controls had refused to follow the tutorial and hold the controls correctly (I don’t know why they did that?), instead opting to hold them backwards in their fingers.

The biggest problem I had with the controls was that punching is backwards, basically you have to throw a strait to do a hook and a hook to do a straight, but that is less of an issue so much as an adjustment - and hopefully they have the option in future games. Second is that the game ended up being more sparse than I would have liked - but I guess this is typical of fighting games - as only the original Dreamcast Soul Calibur and Smash Brothers Brawl had content which satisfied me.

I hope to see more proper motion control games on the Switch. I love using them for my morning excersizes and evening warmups. I want a reason to finally put my Wii away and have more proper motion games using the superior Joycons.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Disagree

Personally, what keeps me from getting it is not the motion controls, in fact they're optional so I don't know how that's really much of an issue, rather it's the price that I consider too step for a product of its kind.

Agreed. Motion controls need to die already.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Agreed. Motion controls need to die already.

There hasn't been a breakout motion controlled hit franchise since like ... Just Dance? Its dying, Nintendo just wants confirmation I guess. 

Splatoon uses optional minor motion assisted aiming, it's not a "waggle" game.