By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No more buying games until I get a job!!

S.Peelman said:

Probably a good idea.

But so you basically bought my entire 8th gen games collection twice in two weeks? I wouldn’t even know what to get!

Only 13 of the 77 games were 8th gen, the other 64 were from before the 8th gen.

Around the Network

I think I haven't even bought that many games in my entire life.

Just don't buy any new games until you've played every single game that you already own.

Pagan said:
XD84 said:

Getting premission to live in Switzerland as a non-european is difficult. You have to have a job where your employer needs to prove that they could not find anyone for the job on the local job market.

I think the Regulations for americans are the same as for eu citizens or not? Americans have even different forms to fill for taxes as the rest of the EU.

No they are not. Switzerland and the EU have bilateral treaties so that it is a lot easier for EU citizens to stay in Switzerland. Other citizens including americans have stricter rules if they want to stay for a long therm in Switzerland.

Flilix said:
I think I haven't even bought that many games in my entire life.

Just don't buy any new games until you've played every single game that you already own.

Well, that's over 1000, which means that I'll never get another game

Until you get a job, try the Wonolo app on android or iphone. It's a on-demand job staffing platform.

It's something like this.

If it's your thing, you can make an easy $100 a day packing boxes in a warehouse in Michigan somewhere. lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

No more playing games until you get a job!

Ye. That sounds like a real challenge.

Hunting Season is done...

Pagan said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well, my dad's side of the family lives there, so quite a few people!

Yeah. Sounds harsh but you are still broken.

I was broken too in Vienna. I came to switzerland. Have now a wife a beautifull son and a nice life. Middle class. Thats a huge move. But think about it. Sweden is very good too. Or norway.

Surely Switzerland smashes the other two though. Don't you pay like 11% tax over there?

Ka-pi96 said:
Pagan said:

Come to switzerland. And own your 6k per month. Flatrate internet with 4.5 G now and 5G next year on your PHONE! I think americans can live in switzerland very easy.

Do you mean you get free money just for living in Switzerland? :O

Few years ago we discussed and voted if there should be an unconditinal basic income for inhabitants living in Switzerland. Over 75 % of the votes of the Swiss citizens where against it. So sorry if you come to Switzetland you need to work to earn that kind od money.

VGPolyglot said:

So, I'm making a decision that will hopefully drive me to get a job: I'm committing to not buying any games until I get a job!!

Well, the basic paradox: you have no money to buy games without job (seemingly you do have). You have no time to play games with a job.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Locknuts said:
Pagan said:

Yeah. Sounds harsh but you are still broken.

I was broken too in Vienna. I came to switzerland. Have now a wife a beautifull son and a nice life. Middle class. Thats a huge move. But think about it. Sweden is very good too. Or norway.

Surely Switzerland smashes the other two though. Don't you pay like 11% tax over there?

The tax rate is compared to other contries quite low especially when you life in a low-priced area.

What gets often forgotten are the compulsory dues such as health care (around $ 400 per month and person) and social insurance contributions (around 10 % of the income). Taking all those things in account we pay in average around 27 % of taxes on our income.