By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 7 Cloud Version announced for Switch, launches this coming week

Pagan said:
Masked_Muchaco said:

Only people with a good and stable internet connection will be able to play it at a decent level.

Oh. You mean like for splatoon2? Cod? BF? CS? OVERWATCH?

Needing good internet to play online multiplayer is a giving and completely understandable, since you know, it's ONLINE, but needing good internet to play single player only games however is NOT okay.

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

Around the Network

I personally have no problem with this. I mostly use my Switch Docked and I play Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8 which are basically online only games. If Capcom brings this to the west ill get it. The asking price is peanuts and I never come back to single player games (other than Mario and Zelda) after I finish them.

nemo37 said:
Pagan said:

So why the panic attack now? If you only can play splatoon2 at home than do that also for RE7. The mobile aspect is really just for laying in your bed and play while shitting. Just a tiny tiny part of the switch owners are really constantly on a train or plane.

Do you have any stats to actually back up that claim. Nintendo's own stats suggest that 30% of people play the Switch mostly in one of its portable configurations, 50% in both modes, and 20% in stationary mode. We do not know where people take their Switch's, but these usage stats do suggest that portability is fairly important.

On the other hand, like most of the cloud games on Switch and 3DS, this game only appears to be bound for Japan, where handheld gaming is preferred and were mobile data is more readily available and faster. So in Japan the portability of this game is likely not hampered as much.

Yes. As i said. The portable config means while shitting and beeing on your couch or bed.

routsounmanman said:
Jumpin said:

Because there’s a contingent of “Nintendo fans” - more accurately put Gamecube fans - who always want to put themselves in the role of the victim. This group rose up strongly  in the Gamecube era when everyone called it a kiddy system, and we’ve been plagued with their perpetual-victim hood ever since.

Sorry, I’m probably more annoyed by the association with this victim mentality (as a Nintendo fan) than you are =P

But I agree, this seems like a fairly cool idea in running a high fidelity game on the Switch, and 20USD is about the cost of a lunch or two. Not bad for a 180 day rental for a game made for a high-end box console.

OK, the only way you can not be seeing this is being completely biased. I can give you RE7 (although I can bet money that this could be ported with average results). 

But, how they've handled the Switch is completely ridiculous and insulting. I feel like they are doing the bare minimum to mop up any extra money they can make on their games, in order to fund their next games on other platforms. 

How is MHW on PC and Xbox more justified than a Switch version? Why is Okami HD not a simultaneous release alongside every other platform? This game literally screams Nintendo. How come we don't have a Street Fighter V or even IV version after the sales of the ROM they released on the Switch's launch?

How about all the half game on cartridge / half eshop fiasco, just to save money on ROMS! They are treating Switch owners like crap, but I guess it is easier to always blame Nintendo, right? 

When are you going to realize the videogame business isn’t about what you think Capcom owes you? And when will you realize you’re not actually a victim of Capcom’s so-called unjustifiable policies?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Interesting experiment. I hope we get some word about how it goes. I don't think the "hardware agnostic" solution is close to being viable for the rest of the world but I'm pretty sure we're only talking about Japan right now, where most of the population has access to quality internet service.

This is a sample of the future. Publishers will jump at the chance to divest themselves of the upfront financial risk and inherent overhead of port development.

Around the Network

Wished it was something different. Like a real, physical edition.

Shaqazooloo0 said:
Jranation said:

I dont think anyone plays online outside their house. But they can always play the single player or local salmon run on the go. 

Who plays the single player of freaking Splatoon 2?! I have almost 100 hours in that game and only 10 minutes of those 100 hours where used on single player.

and I didnt know you could do offline Salmon Run, though I dont know why you would unless you're playing with other people.

I've played the SP more than the MP.

RE7 even on XB1 S runs at 1080p/60FPS, so people who saying that Switch couldnt handle RE7 port are wrong.
I hope later they will release normal version also, this is clearly experiment.

VGPolyglot said:
Shaqazooloo0 said:

Who plays the single player of freaking Splatoon 2?! I have almost 100 hours in that game and only 10 minutes of those 100 hours where used on single player.

and I didnt know you could do offline Salmon Run, though I dont know why you would unless you're playing with other people.

I've played the SP more than the MP.

Wow, really? I just kind of stopped because it felt tacked on and bland I guess? I don't know, I went through all of Splatoon 1's single player and regretted wasting my time on it, because outside the final boss the whole thing felt like an after thought. It was like a glorified tutorial for the online mode and once you get to a certain point I feel their is no need to continue with it. It didn't help that it stretched on a bit too long and didn't have any actual cutscenes to add personality and life to the story (which was abysmal anyway). The first 10 minutes of Splatoon 2's single player made it obvious that it was the same deal with that game too, so I just skipped it. 

I imagine most players who try to play multiplayer in conjunction with the single player, drop the single player soon after due to the tutorial vibe. IMO their is pretty much no reason to even play the single player unless you really love tutorials.

I would like to hear your take on it though. I legit didn't think anybody would play Splatoon more for the single player than the multiplayer and would like know why.

I would like to point out that Microsoft with the Xbox promised for years of more xbox 360s raining from the cloud into the X1 but instead abandoned that idea and went with selling its users a more powerful xbox 1 x instead as the cloud wasn't going to end up being practical....

Did anyone imagine Capcom / Nintendo would be delivering cloud games on the Switch like this? I certainly didn't so it's just a positive in my eyes, if it works, fantastic, if it doesn't, fuck it, at least they actually tried.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive