By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 7 Cloud Version announced for Switch, launches this coming week

Pagan said:

For everyone who is complaining about the"mobile" aspect. How are you guyd playing splatoon 2 without internet on the go? 

I dont think anyone plays online outside their house. But they can always play the single player or local salmon run on the go. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

If it gets released in the west ill bite.

Oh! I never thought about cloud.

That's a good idea.

Pagan said:
Nuvendil said:

It's streamed, so you need an internet connection and you don't own it, it's $20 (more or less) for 180 days.  That's all I need to know to say screw that and screw them.

Yeah. Screw you netflix. I dont own that movies. And yeah. Screw you capcom because i wanted to play RE7 4 billion times in those 6 month. And screw you capcom for not allowing it for 7 month. Because we wanted to play 7 month straight just one fucking game. If you want to play it 10 years later, just wait for the switch 3 and than download it. Dont cry people. Nintendo made a weak console and thats the Solution.

You're right, they should have made a PS4 on handheld form. Because that's simply doable, as Digital Foundry have pointed out (and is just plain common sense). There's no excuse when we have Outlast II.

Pagan said:
Masked_Muchaco said:

Only people with a good and stable internet connection will be able to play it at a decent level.

Oh. You mean like for splatoon2? Cod? BF? CS? OVERWATCH?

Splatoon has a whole single player campaign, lobby and I HAVE A DAMN COPY, box and all. I couldn't care less about the rest.

Jranation said:
Pagan said:

For everyone who is complaining about the"mobile" aspect. How are you guyd playing splatoon 2 without internet on the go? 

I dont think anyone plays online outside their house. But they can always play the single player or local salmon run on the go. 

So why the panic attack now? If you only can play splatoon2 at home than do that also for RE7. The mobile aspect is really just for laying in your bed and play while shitting. Just a tiny tiny part of the switch owners are really constantly on a train or plane.

Around the Network
Pagan said:

Streaming a game, which is the case with RE7, requires a much faster internet connection with more bandwidth than playing a match with Splatoon 2. With Splatoon 2, you are mainly synchronizing user input actions and responses over a peer-to-peer connection. With RE7 Cloud you are sending user input and receiving a video feed in realtime, not only does this require a fast connection but you need a fairly high amount of bandwidth.

In my case, when tethering my phone to my Switch I can play a Mario Kart 8 match or a Splatoon 2 match online. However, I was never able to reliably stream PS Now games on my Vita (back when PS Now was available on Vita) when tethering my phone to the Vita. 

Beyond that, if no internet is available, games like Mario Kart and Splatoon 2 have offline modes (both have single player; Mario Kart has split-screen multiplayer and LAN play; and Splatoon 2 offers LAN play). RE7 would not be playable at all without a fast and reliable internet connection.

This setup that Capcom has is nothing new, particularly for portable game systems. Dragon Quest X on 3DS and Phantasy Star Online 2 on Switch use a similar system. The key difference is that this setup makes more sense with online-only games like MMOs as opposed to a single player game.

Last edited by nemo37 - on 21 May 2018

Jranation said:
Pagan said:

Who plays the single player of freaking Splatoon 2?! I have almost 100 hours in that game and only 10 minutes of those 100 hours where used on single player.

and I didnt know you could do offline Salmon Run, though I dont know why you would unless you're playing with other people.

So, since it's cloud, does it mean the game isn't processed by the Switch but by a PC instead (something like PS Now where your device doesn't process the game, it only streams it from a PS4) ?

Last edited by Luke888 - on 21 May 2018

Pagan said:
Jranation said:

So why the panic attack now? If you only can play splatoon2 at home than do that also for RE7. The mobile aspect is really just for laying in your bed and play while shitting. Just a tiny tiny part of the switch owners are really constantly on a train or plane.

Do you have any stats to actually back up that claim. Nintendo's own stats suggest that 30% of people play the Switch mostly in one of its portable configurations, 50% in both modes, and 20% in stationary mode. We do not know where people take their Switch's, but these usage stats do suggest that portability is fairly important.

On the other hand, like most of the cloud games on Switch and 3DS, this game only appears to be bound for Japan, where handheld gaming is preferred and were mobile data is more readily available and faster. So in Japan the portability of this game is likely not hampered as much.

Luke888 said:

So, since it's cloud, does it mean the game isn't processed by the Switch but by a PC instead (something like PS Now where your device doesn't process the game, it only streams it from a PS4) ?

Yeah, exactly that.The download is only 45 MB after all.The Switch just do the wifi connection, and all the processing is done by a server at Capcom.(Or somewhere Capcom rented)

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1