By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lack of new games on Switch

Wow, this post exactly paraphrases how I feel right now.

Octopath Traveler is my next purchase as well.

I have started playing SMO again to try to get some more moons even though I really don't care much for that game. 

Mostly I'm playing Rocket League these days, but I've been very disappointed with the flow of games this year so far...

Around the Network

really? I've already spent 200$ this year on games on the switch.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Well for physical I’ve boyght Rocket League, Lost Sphear, Portal Knights, Bayonetta 1 And 2, Attack on Titan 2, Atelier Lydie And Suelle and now Battle Chasers Nightwar which I’m currently playing.

First half has been fine for me because it’s allowed me to catch up or put more hours into other games (like Splatoon and Skyrim) while still keeping it fresh with other titles.

I can see why it could be lacking to some people, but it definitely wasn’t to me.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Only thing holding me back from buying more Switxh games is the fact that i have rent and food to pay for.

Switchs 3rd party support has been the best ita been since the SNES days.

I would play more Switch games except my daughter is playing Splatoon 2 all the damn time, and I'm too cheap to buy a 2nd one until the price drops. But excluding Zelda and multiplayer games I still enjoyed Mario + Rabbids and Dragon Quest Builders a lot. There are also several games out already that I'd like to try: Fire Emblem Warriors, Binding of Isaac, Axiom Verge, and Darkest Dungeon. And then there are plenty of games slated to release this year that I'm eyeballing. I'm not disappointed in the Switches 3rd party lineup so far, and I expect the releases to only accelerate going forward.

Around the Network

South Park FBW is my favourite 2018 game so far, if you didn't played it yet, you should consider it.

And I'm pretty excited for Wolfenstein II, Crash Bandicoot and Dark Souls Remastered.

And just bought Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 1, so that keeps me busy for a while.

And (last one) people are complaining about Wii U ports but in my case, there are just a few Wii U ports in my game library (MK8D, Bayonetta 1 & 2 and now Donkey Kong)

2018 releases I have bought so far....
Payday 2
Kirby Star Allies
Labo Variety Kit
Donkey Kong TF
Runner 3 (pre downloaded)

From next month onward things ramp up considerably, with stuff like Mario Tennis, Octopath, YsVII, Crash trilogy, Captain Toad, Okami HD, SNK heroines, Travis strikes back and Monster Hunter. This is only stuff we currently know about, E3 is bound to bring more goodness.

No, that's basically it. And don't count on E3, every year Nintendo's E3 is underwhelming. Nintendo Switch is a nice device, but it's just way behind the PS4 at this moment, maybe in 2 or 3 years they'll have 10 exclusive great games?

EDIT: Reading the thread, I get the feeling that Nintendo fans don't need that much to be satisfied, just throw a 3 year old port here a lame Kirby game there and everyone is happy. I love Nintendo, my first game was Super Mario World and until the PS3, I was a Nintendo-only gamer, but after playing games that are actually good, I can't be bothered to play a game like the new Kirby or to be excited about stuff like Mario Tennis. I feel like Nintendo also can't be bothered to release big AAA games or games from different genres because fans really are ok with anything they throw. I don't regret buying my Nintendo Switch, I mean, it's my Zelda machine and I love BOTW, but I feel totally different about Nintendo now that I do have the newest Nintendo console, but I also have PS4.

Last edited by jardesonbarbosa - on 18 May 2018

jardesonbarbosa said:

No, that's basically it. And don't count on E3, every year Nintendo's E3 is underwhelming. Nintendo Switch is a nice device, but it's just way behind the PS4 at this moment, maybe in 2 or 3 years they'll have 10 exclusive great games?

EDIT: Reading the thread, I get the feeling that Nintendo fans don't need that much to be satisfied, just throw a 3 year old port here a lame Kirby game there and everyone is happy. I love Nintendo, my first game was Super Mario World and until the PS3, I was a Nintendo-only gamer, but after playing games that are actually good, I can't be bothered to play a game like the new Kirby or to be excited about stuff like Mario Tennis. I feel like Nintendo also can't be bothered to release big AAA games or games from different genres because fans really are ok with anything they throw. I don't regret buying my Nintendo Switch, I mean, it's my Zelda machine and I love BOTW, but I feel totally different about Nintendo now that I do have the newest Nintendo console, but I also have PS4.

Yeah how silly of us to be satisfied despite not getting a 97 rated game every month. I apologize for us Nintendo fans being able to enjoy games below 90 meta.

jardesonbarbosa said:

every year Nintendo's E3 is underwhelming. 

Yeah, that's why almost everyone agrees that Nintendo won E3 last year.