By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lack of new games on Switch

SKMBlake said:
jardesonbarbosa said:

every year Nintendo's E3 is underwhelming. 

Yeah, that's why almost everyone agrees that Nintendo won E3 last year.

And the year before with only ONE game showing (Zelda)

Around the Network
andisart said:
SKMBlake said:

Yeah, that's why almost everyone agrees that Nintendo won E3 last year.

And the year before with only ONE game showing (Zelda)

Everyone agrees that the "Everyone agrees with my opinion so I'm right" argument without any tangible proof is useless.

My biggest issue is that there is a lack of physical games (i only buy those) and even when some come out (especially crapcom) you need to download 80% of it lol.

All I want is like the old days put the whole game on the physical medium (at least the single player component of it).

Nintendo should be publishing indy games on physical medium. Hell do Best of indy vol 1, vol 2 etc... It is a missed opportunity considering how many people I know still prefer physical games

jardesonbarbosa said:

No, that's basically it. And don't count on E3, every year Nintendo's E3 is underwhelming. Nintendo Switch is a nice device, but it's just way behind the PS4 at this moment, maybe in 2 or 3 years they'll have 10 exclusive great games?

EDIT: Reading the thread, I get the feeling that Nintendo fans don't need that much to be satisfied, just throw a 3 year old port here a lame Kirby game there and everyone is happy. I love Nintendo, my first game was Super Mario World and until the PS3, I was a Nintendo-only gamer, but after playing games that are actually good, I can't be bothered to play a game like the new Kirby or to be excited about stuff like Mario Tennis. I feel like Nintendo also can't be bothered to release big AAA games or games from different genres because fans really are ok with anything they throw. I don't regret buying my Nintendo Switch, I mean, it's my Zelda machine and I love BOTW, but I feel totally different about Nintendo now that I do have the newest Nintendo console, but I also have PS4.

I have the opposite experience to you. I have all of the consoles this generation as well as a gaming PC and I find myself mostly going back to Nintendo. As of right now, I most use my Xbox One and PS4 for certain exclusives that I really like on those platforms (Sunset Overdrive for Xbox One; Horizon Zero Dawn, Ratchet and Clank, Nier Automata, Final Fantasy XV, and hopefully soon Spider Man and Kingdom Hearts 3); on the other hand I have hundreds of games for my Switch and 3DS with the PC having my third largest collection (in fact, for stationary-only gaming PC is my platform of choice namely because of modibility and also because I find a lot of shooters and sim-style games play better with a mouse and keyboard). Part of it I guess is that systems like the 3DS and Switch are the only portable consoles left, and with the time that I have I mostly just game on portables. However, Nintendo's lineup (yes including games like Kirby) just excite me more for the most part. I don't think that as someone that mostly games on Nintendo systems I have reduced standards (in my case, I can buy games on any systems) but rather I just find Nintendo's titles better suited to my tastes.

Also, for me their E3's do not really differ from the other companies. They have some good ones, some bad ones, and some average ones; it really does depend on what gets announced for a particular year. I have not found their presentations and lineups to over-deliver or under-deliver overall compared their competition.

I mean, every new plateform has a flat season after the launch year and honestly i think the Switch isnt going that bad for how well paced its first year was. Second half of 2018 will be filled.

Lets not forget there was a big big lack of exclusives and even good games that stood out during the first 3 years of the PS4 (and the entire life of the One so far).

Around the Network
pizzanuggs said:

Only thing holding me back from buying more Switxh games is the fact that i have rent and food to pay for.

Switchs 3rd party support has been the best ita been since the SNES days.

I genuinely don't understand how anyone can say this. Both GCN and Wii were better. Even Wii U was better at the beginning.

Literally, with what games is the Switch's multiplat support approaching SNES era? What how many big multiplat games aren't releasing later than everyone else? Where are the big, industry shifting 3rd party exclusives, because that's what much of the 3rd party support on the SNES was. Exclusives.

Switch can't even get COD. It's support isn't good. People are just stomaching it better because the breadcrumbs are more frequent.

OT: Yeah, I haven't touched mine since XB:2. Mario Tennis Aces will be fun soon if I can get my sister to play with me, but it's been a dry few months. What the world really needs is a release date for the new GOAT, SMTV.

I wonder when will the Switch start getting simultaneous multiplatform releases more frequently. So far a lot of its third-party games (both japanese and western) have been late ports.

You don't like online games, ports, and indie games. That's a lot of things to not like. If you're gonna be so picky you're gonna struggle with any system, though obviously the first half of the year has been slow for the Switch, though apparently the second half of the year is gonna be big. Personally I just like playing good games, so there are plenty of Switch games already out that I would like to play that I won't even be able to buy. And I've been buying about a game a month, currently at nine games...and haven't even played through Zelda yet.

I kinda feel like you. I want new experiences that aren't available anywhere else and is the culmination of years of development. Then I look at my library and say "I'm having fun" and I'm personally okay with that. Looking forward to Wolfenstein. Even though it's a port, it'll be new to me.

OP and some others here must have very high standards cause there's only one other platform that could fit their description right now ...