By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Pokemon Switch will be revealed soon, launching this year

So the pokemon go section. Does that mean you have to move IRL to catch pokemons with your Switch?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Possible logo maybe?

EDIT: This tweet would certainly make a lot more sense now.

L on the hat for "Let's," Pokeball for "Go," and Pikachu n Eevee are self explanatory.

EDIT2: Holy shit the Pokeball is even tilted the same as in the logo! Yeah, I'm on team real now. :L

Oh wow! I take back what I said. This is too much! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Yoshi - August
Smash - September
Fire Emblem - October
Pokemon - November

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

shikamaru317 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Yoshi - August
Smash - September
Fire Emblem - October
Pokemon - November

Seems quite plausible to me, possibly December for Pokemon.

Taking into account the earlier months, their schedule for the rest of the year would have 1 exclusive a month except for December:

June- Mario Tennis Aces

July- Octopath Traveler/ Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker port

August- Yoshi

September- Smash

October- Fire Emblem

November or December- Pokemon

yup i think thats extremely viable and likely!

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Ugh, it really does seem like there's too much evidence for this to be fake. Damn, this is really really not what I wanted. They're going way too casual from the sound of it. Let the uber casuals have PoGo, it works well for that demo. The core games already had enough accessibility as it was.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Yoshi - August
Smash - September
Fire Emblem - October
Pokemon - November

Seems quite plausible to me, possibly December for Pokemon.

Taking into account the earlier months, their schedule for the rest of the year would have 1 exclusive a month except for December:

June- Mario Tennis Aces

July- Octopath Traveler/ Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker port

August- Yoshi

September- Smash

October- Fire Emblem

November or December- Pokemon

March-Breath of the Wild, 1 2 Switch & Snipperclips

April-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

June-ARMS

July-Splatoon 2

August-Mario+Rabbids

September-Pokken DX

October-Fire Emblem Warriors & Mario Odyssey

December-Xenoblade Chronicles 2

February-Bayonetta 2

March-Kirby: Star Allies

April-Nintendo Labo: Variety & Robot

May-DKC: Tropical Freeze & Hyrule Warriors

June-Sushi Striker & Mario Tennis Aces

July-Octopath Traveler & Captain Toad

August-Yoshi

September-Smash Bros

October-Fire Emblem

November-Pokemon

Nintendo putting in work on Switch.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

There was another rumour saying that the catching mechanic would be brought from GO, as long as that's the only thing that comes as far as mechanics are concerned, I'm fine with that. The rumoured names are absolutely shithouse though and should absolutely be changed (Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee?! Thunder Yellow/Earth Brown would be fine). A reimagining of Kanto is what I expected next anyways (FRLG came out before DPP, so technically there is an argument for them being next in line for remakes)

I wasn't interested until it said Online Hub, now I'm hyped because it will be the first version of an online hub/MMO thing in a Nintendo Game

twintail said:
not sure why ppl are getting upset about... its going to be ppokemon with battles but instead of pushing a button to throw a pokeball, you are going to use the touchscreen or motion controllers.

which is lame but pretty whatever.

I think people are concerned that the Go influence will go well beyond that. For example, gutted RPG elements, combat reduced to a two attack spam fest, no battling to catch Pokemon, simplified overworld, etc.

I think they concerns are unfounded, but that's the source of panic.

melbye said:
Miyamotoo said:

They are games with totally different appeal, and Nintendo wants to push hard that paid online and also need to ship 20m consoles this FY, also they released like that Pokemon and Smash on 3DS back in 2014.

I am just thinking that with Smash, probably Yoshi, probably Fire Emblem and something else(maybe Animal Crossing) Nintendo has the software that will push hardware to the numbers they want in the fall, then with Pokemon in March they get that second huge push in hardware-sales right before the fiscal year ends. But i wouldn't be shocked if Pokemon releases this fall

I understand you, but Nintendo from start was pushing Pokemon like 2018. release. Maybe we could have Animal Crossing like March release if there is need for it, but it doesnt seems like that with Pokemon, Smash and Fire Emblem in calendar Q4 of 2018.