By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Pokemon Switch will be revealed soon, launching this year

I think they are just using the GO to attract attention from the Pokemon GO players since this is supposed to be a mainline game. Only mechnic I can see them use is that you can see the pokemon on the map instead of just walking into the grass and thats not even a ´Mechanic´.

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
Yoshi - August
Smash - September
Fire Emblem - October
Pokemon - November

Logically it will end up like this, but i just can't get away from my prediction that what will happen is Animal Crossing in September, Smash in November and Pokemon in March

Nuvendil said:
Also, curious note.

pokemonletsgoeevee.com and pokemonletsgopikachu.com are just empty pages. Didn't the Sun and Moon domains redirect to the main Pokemon site when Nintendo claimed them?

It was when you put the Japanese codenames for the games in the url that you'd be redirected. Don't think we know the codename this time around.

shikamaru317 said:

I think some of us are getting too hung up on the part that says the catching mechanic will return from Pokemon Go. I am almost certain that doesn't refer to the actual "battle" phase of Pokemon Go, where you use berries and such to lure in Pokemon and catch them, kind of like Safari Zone in the main Pokemon games, with no actual battling and weakening of wild Pokemon. I am almost certain that refers to the fact that there are no random encounters in Pokemon Go, nearby Pokemon show up as an icon on your map which you can click to enter into the catching phase with. I think that is what the leak means, that wild Pokemon will be visible in the overworld for the first time in a mainline Pokemon game, and you just walk or surf to the Pokemon that you want to battle with. The leaked screenshot indicated that was true:

As you can see, the wild Pokemon are visible on the overworld, there is a Gyrados at the back and a Tentacool to the right. Hard to tell what the other 3 are since it was an off-screen blurry screenshot. The fact that all of the Pokemon seem to be from Gen 1 and the fact that Eevee is out of his ball riding on his trainers head, indicates that this leaked screenshot from a month ago matches with the details of this leak.

I mean if that was only the case, I would assume the leaker would have simply said that random encounters are going away or that encountering Pokemon would resemble Pokemon Go. The catch system they seem to be alluding to, to me anyways, sounds like the portion in Pokemon Go were you through the balls and where in past core RPG games you try to weaken the Pokemon before catching it.

At this point, I just wish someone leaked screenshots of the encounter system when dealing with wild Pokemon as well as the general battle system when facing off against other trainers and gyms. The rumours and leaks as they are now are a cause for concern for those of us that do not want a simplification of the core RPG mechanics, even though they are still quite vague in many ways.

nemo37 said:

I mean if that was only the case, I would assume the leaker would have simply said that random encounters are going away or that encountering Pokemon would resemble Pokemon Go. The catch system they seem to be alluding to, to me anyways, sounds like the portion in Pokemon Go were you through the balls and where in past core RPG games you try to weaken the Pokemon before catching it.

At this point, I just wish someone leaked screenshots of the encounter system when dealing with wild Pokemon as well as the general battle system when facing off against other trainers and gyms. The rumours and leaks as they are now are a cause for concern for those of us that do not want a simplification of the core RPG mechanics, even though they are still quite vague in many ways.

The leak is not straight forward for example today someone was clarifying that it's a mechanic (possibly optional) to throw balls when in battle that they're hearing about not that its exactly like PG or being simplified.

Around the Network
melbye said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Yoshi - August
Smash - September
Fire Emblem - October
Pokemon - November

Logically it will end up like this, but i just can't get away from my prediction that what will happen is Animal Crossing in September, Smash in November and Pokemon in March

That's what i thought! Except switching Smash and Animal crossing around.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

melbye said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Yoshi - August
Smash - September
Fire Emblem - October
Pokemon - November

i could see AC being announced but a 2019 release

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
melbye said:

We'll see, but you are probably right. i don't even remember why i got so hung up on Animal Crossing releasing this year

Now that we know it's real, I just hope they reveal it super soon so we know how much of the concern about it being like Go is or isn't warranted.

melbye said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

We'll see, but you are probably right. i don't even remember why i got so hung up on Animal Crossing releasing this year

because it would be bad ass if it did lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick