By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Pokemon Switch will be revealed soon, launching this year

melbye said:
PwerlvlAmy said: pr

i could see AC being announced but a 2019 release

We'll see, but you are probably right. i don't even remember why i got so hung up on Animal Crossing releasing this year

Probably because of the mobile title, most people seem to assume whenever a mobile title releases that a mainline title is coming shortly afterwards.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

We're definitely not getting Smash, AC, and Pokemon all in Q4. That would be overkill to the max and they'd hurt sales of all three franchises. I still think it's kind of dumb to be releasing Smash and Pokemon with a couple months of each other because those are the Switch's two biggest guns left. I really wanted Pokemon to be holiday 2019.

HyrulianScrolls said:
I still think it's kind of dumb to be releasing Smash and Pokemon with a couple months of each other because those are the Switch's two biggest guns left.

They will be fine, Smash & Pokemon released within a 2 month period on 3DS in 2014.

Smash 3DS sold over 9 million and is the 2nd best selling Smash only behind Brawl on Wii.

Pokemon OR/AS sold over 14 million and are the best selling Pokemon remakes.

These new entries on Switch will both easily clear 10 million and likely even pass 15 million.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

HyrulianScrolls said:
We're definitely not getting Smash, AC, and Pokemon all in Q4. That would be overkill to the max and they'd hurt sales of all three franchises. I still think it's kind of dumb to be releasing Smash and Pokemon with a couple months of each other because those are the Switch's two biggest guns left. I really wanted Pokemon to be holiday 2019.

You think if we get Pokemon in holiday 2018, there won't be one holiday 2019?

But yeah I think Animal Crossing will be a later but I don't think it's dumb for Smash and Pokemon to potential release 2 months apart from each other (September and November), sales definitely won't be hindered by that and Switch still has plenty of cards on the table.

Last edited by Green098 - on 17 May 2018

HyrulianScrolls said:
I still think it's kind of dumb to be releasing Smash and Pokemon with a couple months of each other because those are the Switch's two biggest guns left. I really wanted Pokemon to be holiday 2019.

They are totaly difrent games with totally different appeal, and Nintendo needs strong online games also because launch of paid online. Talking about left strong IPs, you will have Animal Crossing and 2D Mario, but we will again see at least another Pokemon game, another 3D Mario, another 3D Zelda, maybe another MK game..

And also like people already started to you, Nintendo already done same thing with 3DS in 2014.

Around the Network

Of course I know the Switch will likely get multiple core Pokemon games, another 3D Mario, another 3D Zelda, etc. What I'm saying is the first installment of the series on the console will always garner the most hype and sales. Every first core Pokemon game on a system has been the best selling for that system. Galaxy was better selling than Galaxy 2, Twilight Princess was better selling than Skyward Sword, etc. The first Smash and first Pokemon for Switch are the two biggest titles Nintendo has left in terms of generating new hype and interest in the system. They should get their own release quarters with room to breathe from any other major AAA title like BOTW and Odyssey did. Putting them together is cutting into maximizing the hype and sales both could get, even though both will obviously still be huge.

The leaker says only the first 151 Pokemon will be in the game...

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/35614124

I obviously ain't buying the game if that's true, millions of fans will certainly do the same. Surely Gamefreak isn't completely daft to not realise this, so they're probably hoping the players gained from such hardcore gen 1 pandering well outweighs those lost. Such a highly unlikely and unnecessary gamble, but again, if that's true. We've had plenty of leaks that got stuff right but other stuff wrong before. We can only hope this is another one of those.

Someone posted this on Era, and I got depressed because yet again I'm confronted with the fact that it's Gamefreak who develops these games, and not an actual competent, ambitious developer.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
The leaker says only the first 151 Pokemon will be in the game...

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/35614124

I obviously ain't buying the game if that's true, millions of fans will certainly do the same. Surely Gamefreak isn't completely daft to not realise this, so they're probably hoping the players gained from such hardcore gen 1 pandering well outweighs those lost. Such a highly unlikely and unnecessary gamble, but again, if that's true. We've had plenty of leaks that got stuff right but other stuff wrong before. We can only hope this is another one of those.

This is a good time to remember not to believe everything you read on the internet especially when it includes the words "rumour" and "pokemon".

Also there is nothing to say that this extends to post game and pokemon bank. Even if there is Pokemon Go integration, what are you going to do with all your gen 2, 3 + alolan form mons?

I can say with absolute certainty that they won't scrap pokemon 152-807 in this game.

spemanig said:

Someone posted this on Era, and I got depressed because yet again I'm confronted with the fact that it's Gamefreak who develops these games, and not an actual competent, ambitious developer.

This... looks more like a fighting game than an RPG.Well, given that everyone keeps saying that this is a mainline entry, I wont worry about this part and just assume the screenshot is out of context.

Other than  that, it looks really good.Far better than I expected actually.I dont know what you are depressed about.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1