By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Pokemon Switch will be revealed soon, launching this year

Not sure if I like this or not....

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

horrible name but please be good

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Miyamotoo said:
melbye said:
I could see that happening, but i don't think Pokemon will release this year but rather March 2019. Smash and Pokemon releasing that close to each other just feel like overkill

They are games with totally different appeal, and Nintendo wants to push hard that paid online and also need to ship 20m consoles this FY, also they released like that Pokemon and Smash on 3DS back in 2014.

I am just thinking that with Smash, probably Yoshi, probably Fire Emblem and something else(maybe Animal Crossing) Nintendo has the software that will push hardware to the numbers they want in the fall, then with Pokemon in March they get that second huge push in hardware-sales right before the fiscal year ends. But i wouldn't be shocked if Pokemon releases this fall

I would be fine with them going the Kanto/Gen 1 pokemon route as long as they're using it to make something entirely new like a reboot and not a remake. A big no to borrowing from PoGo mechanics though. I'm OK with there being some kind of PoGo interactivity, but the game should play nothing like that.

I'm still strongly of the opinion that this will be very disappointing though if it's actually coming out this year. That's simply not enough dev time for GF to make a true jump in the franchise from handheld to console. I'd bet anything it's going to just be like an HD version of the 3ds games if it's coming this year. 

The company that makes little changes to the franchise is suddenly doing this? Why?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
melbye said:
I could see that happening, but i don't think Pokemon will release this year but rather March 2019. Smash and Pokemon releasing that close to each other just feel like overkill

What? And when exactly is the release date of smash? 

Lonely_Dolphin said:

Possible logo maybe?

EDIT: This tweet would certainly make a lot more sense now.

L on the hat for "Let's," Pokeball for "Go," and Pikachu n Eevee are self explanatory.

EDIT2: Holy shit the Pokeball is even tilted the same as in the logo! Yeah, I'm on team real now. :L

Oh really? Now its true yes? A couple hours ago it was shit from reset era. What happened now?

im down, reveal it to meeee

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Pagan said:
melbye said:

Rumored to release in Sept alongside the online service.

Smash-Sept

Pokemon-Nov

I think thats what will happen.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

shikamaru317 said:
Pagan said:

September according to leaks and rumors. Supposedly Nintendo wants it out at the same time the Online service goes live in September.

Sep, oct, nov, dec. 4 month.. i think thats enough time. And also, it will have 0 effect on it