By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Pokemon Switch will be revealed soon, launching this year

Wyrdness said:
mZuzek said:

Have you played Pokémon Yellow?

Partly I didn't own it as it was my brother's game I already had Red.

In Yellow, Eevee is the starter pokemon of your rival.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Wyrdness said:

Partly I didn't own it as it was my brother's game I already had Red.

In Yellow, Eevee is the starter pokemon of your rival.

I see that makes sense.

CaptainExplosion said:
jonathanalis said:

– Following Pokemon return
– HMs still replaced with Pokeride from Alola
– Online has a hub for players

Oh thank god! Im sold

Yeah, but I kinda miss HMs. Maybe it's because I'm a man of the 90s.

I hope they bring back Gyms though, especially since WE STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN A DARK TYPE POKEMON GYM!! NO THE DARK TYPE TRIAL IN SUN AND MOON DOESN'T COUNT!!

Well, Im a 90s too.

But ditching HMs was one of the best thigs that happen to pokemon main games.

Since 90s, I used to build the team always thinking about HMs, I had to have pokemon to carry all (many times useless in battle) HMs. It was very limiting.You end having to use pokemon as HM slave, go to PC everytime to trade them. Pokemon was always about freedom to choose pokemon team and movesets, HMs limits one of the most important characteristic of pokemon.

Although, Pokeride also seems space for improvments. It kinda of feel like calling a uber, kind of renting a pokemon that is not yours. They could maybe add a pokemon ride box, where you can registrate the pokemon you catch into ride and call them. Of course there would be categories. Like 'pokemon that serve to ride and has horns', and if you can register in this category a tauros, a terrakion, stantler, etc. Also the game would provide a place to catch at least one of them nearby the place you first need it.

Imagine trading the useless HM flash and its HM slave for riding a rapidash that iluminates the cave with its flame body? Would be much better.

I prefer more the single player experience, so I find the challenge of Gen 1 of having HMs permanent and TMs one time use made the game more challenging. I can understand thought that other people didn't like the challenge and prefer to not have to think about what pokemon they give which TM since they care more about competitive online where they can use the most effective movesets.

I hate most of this rumour. Name is terrible, leak image looks exactly like S/M but in HD, Go mixted with mainline Pkmn games.. meh.

This is like everything i feared for the new game and it's even worse lmao. I'm going to wait for actual footage but this sounds like i'm not gonna play pokemon again if they keep trashing the franchise like this.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
"launching this year" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Next.

Nintendo from reveal of Pokemon for Switch said they are aiming 2018. like release year.

Yellow remake? Yawn. Kanto isn't even that greatHoenn and Sinnoh are superior in every way. 

If it is anything like GO then overall Nintendo would have failed at finally giving the player base what they want.

A 3d Pokemon game, with great world building and with a better combat system.

Are you kidding me? Kanto remake?

As if Game Freak werent already pandering to genwunners enough. If this turns out to be real, I'm out. Which is a huge shame, because this is my most anticipated upcoming switch title.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Alright, so is this all but official now?