By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Not Having Traditional E3?

Qwark said:
So they decided to add a bit more info to already announced games. Not very surprising since there aren't a lot of Sony studios which could announce something. Though I would hardly call this non traditional.

They'll still have titles in the works but they can't continuously reveal them early, they'd eventually have nothing to show. I'd be happy with just Ghost and TLOU2 to be honest and we're likely to get gameplay of both. I'm not sure we'll get gameplay of Death Stranding but it's possible and Spiderman will basically be promotional. I'm also interested to see what those Indies are. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

"In a rare break from tradition, we wanted to give you an early glimpse at what to expect heading into the Showcase on June 11. PlayStation’s Worldwide Studios will be at E3 in full force to provide you with an exclusive look at four upcoming titles: Death Stranding from Kojima Productions, Ghost of Tsushima from Sucker Punch, Marvel’s Spider-Man from Insomniac Games, and The Last of Us Part II from Naughty Dog."

sounds to me that they are doing a Treehouse-esque show allowing them to go into detail about already announced upcoming games. Doesn't mean there is no main show necessarily 

Barkley said:
Wyrdness said:
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/11/playstation-at-e3-2018-the-journey-begins-june-11-at-600pm-pacific/

Doesn't seem to be a stage show for this year.

What makes you say that?

"We’ll broadcast the show live from E3 2018 in Los Angeles"

That page is their E3 plans the are no mention of a stage show anywhere so far, the stream even begins at the usual time they have had their stage shows in previous years.

• No hardware announcements at E3 2018 (PS5 reference?)
E3 2019 then?....anyway, next year is when we should at least be getting the first juicy details about the PS5.

Qwark said:
So they decided to add a bit more info to already announced games. Not very surprising since there aren't a lot of Sony studios which could announce something. Though I would hardly call this non traditional.

The only announcement they need is bloodborne 2. 

and gameplay footage of a few already known titles is overdue.

Around the Network
JamesGarret said:
E3 2019 then?....anyway, next year is when we should at least be getting the first juicy details about the PS5.

more like getting teh first juicy rumors about the PS5. The details will come in 2020....

worked for them with the PS4... see them mirroring it blow for blow with the PS5.

They may even let MS commit first this time around. They don't have to make a box more powerful than the XB2 to win, but it can't be less powerful.

Random_Matt said:
Might as well save their cash, we already know about all that.

Yeah, because no one is dying to see gameplay for these titles, right?

Intrinsic said:
JamesGarret said:

more like getting teh first juicy rumors about the PS5. The details will come in 2020....

worked for them with the PS4... see them mirroring it blow for blow with the PS5.

They may even let MS commit first this time around. They don't have to make a box more powerful than the XB2 to win, but it can't be less powerful.

Still betting on a spring 2019 reveal, just like they’ve done with PS4 at a separate event.

Mod Edit ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 11 May 2018

Mod Edit ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 11 May 2018