By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Metroid Prime 4 will have realistic graphics?

What do you think?

Yes 19 24.05%

I hope so 17 21.52%

No 20 25.32%

I hope not 12 15.19%

I don't care, just give m... 11 13.92%

Total:79

I hope it does but I won't care either way, just give me the game.

Around the Network

If you think Doom is realistic...

caffeinade said:
Given how poorly the Switch handles Doom, I don't have high hopes.
Sub 720p, sub 30FPS, in a linear FPS.
Yeah.

Creating complex, realistic environments on the Switch, will be a nightmare for the developers.

You seem to be forgetting that an exclusive developed specifically for the HW is a completely different beast when compared to multuplat games designed for 86x architecture on more powerful platforms.

A few examples...

Many believed that God of War level graphics were not possible on the base PS4 during the first few years of its life.

Many were suprised that Xenoblade Chronicles X could even run on the WiiU at all.

And many believed that Breath of the Wild had gotten too ambitious for the WiiU and would be Switch exclusive.  Not only did they deliver on those ambitions, but the WiiU version came day and date with the Switch version.

Fact is, until developers push the Switch to its limits with hardware SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR IT, we do not know what level of visual fidelity we can expect.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I expect it to be cel shaded and upset the fanbase, and then 8 years later they'll look back and see that it was one of the best games ever crafted.

You need to be more specific in the question as realistic graphical approach is a very broad area for example Prime is comparable to Halo's approach and such which can be considered realistic but it's still heavily stylised where as something Crysis goes for photo realism in its approach.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Vodacixi said:

We only know Bandai Namco is working on a FPS/Adventure game for the Switch. Although it may very well be Metroid Prime, it could be another different game. It's uncertain.

Internet rumours this week pegged Bandai Namco as being the mystery studio behind Metroid Prime 4 - something multiple sources have now confirmed to Eurogamer as being accurate.

It wouldn't be the first time Eurogamer's sources are wrong.

Look, I get it: It's very likely that Bandai Namco is developing MP4. But until we don't get an official Nintendo confirmation you cannot say that you know for sure. You don't know for sure. You are making an assumption that, while likely to be truth, it may not be truth in the end. What if Eurogamer sources are w rong? What if Bandai Namco is creating a brand new FPS IP exclusively for Nintendo Switch? What if Bandai Namco is doing a Spin off FPS Splatoon? Anything could happen.

So... yeah, we still don't know who is developing MP4. We can only guess.

Ljink96 said:
I expect it to be cel shaded and upset the fanbase, and then 8 years later they'll look back and see that it was one of the best games ever crafted.

Tbh Prime already had a similar moment as the original game had fans in an uproar as they thought it was going to be a Halo type shooter after release they all shut up and now they worship the game as their lord and saviour.

freebs2 said:
If you think Doom is realistic...

Doom may not look extremely realistic, but it's not cartoonish either. A game don't need to be photorealistic to be considered realistic.

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

Wyrdness said:
You need to be more specific in the question as realistic graphical approach is a very broad area for example Prime is comparable to Halo's approach and such which can be considered realistic but it's still heavily stylised where as something Crysis goes for photo realism in its approach.

Yeah, after reading the other posts I've realized that I wasn't specific enough, so I edited my post to reflect that.

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

Nintendo doesn't do realistic. (But we may have different opinions on what realistic games look like)