By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Metroid Prime 4 will have realistic graphics?

What do you think?

Yes 19 24.05%

I hope so 17 21.52%

No 20 25.32%

I hope not 12 15.19%

I don't care, just give m... 11 13.92%

Total:79

I hope it will, in keeping with the other Metroid Prime games.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
I hope it will, in keeping with the other Metroid Prime games.

Yeah, I actually expecting it will be realistic similar to Metroid Prime 3.

Miyamotoo said:
Vodacixi said:

Any topic about Prime 4 scares me.  Metroid Prime is one of the most important franchises for many people (including myself). Every game (except Federation Force) is a freaking masterpiece in every aspect: from gameplay, to graphics, to music. And as such, I wish with all my heart that Prime 4 continues to be what the other Prime games were to its respective consoles: a high point for the Nintendo Switch.

But... we don't know anything about the game. We don't know who is developing it, we don't know how it looks, we don't know how it plays... and if you think about it, I'm not sure Nintendo knows how important is Metroid Prime. I'm not sure they understand that Prime 4 has to push the Switch to its very limits in every possible way. I don't think they understand that they have to make sure it's not only a good game, but an excellent one. I'm not sure if they understand that, if they screw this up, fans are going to be crazy mad at them.

We need information. Until I don't see a gameplay trailer and know who is behind this game, I won't feel calm.

Bandai Namco is developing game.

We don't know that. There's no official confirmation.

Aeolus451 said:
Probably not. Nintendo isn't really known for choosing realistic graphics in general and the NS is gonna limit what they can do.

Metroid Prime 1, 2, and 3, Other M, and Samus Returns all fall on the realistic side of things.  And all on weaker hardware than Switch.  

Seriously, did everyone just forget all the realistic style games on the PS3, 360, Wii U, and even the Wii from time to time?  The idea that they can't do a more realistic style because the Switch is too weak is beyond silly.

Nuvendil said:
Aeolus451 said:
Probably not. Nintendo isn't really known for choosing realistic graphics in general and the NS is gonna limit what they can do.

Metroid Prime 1, 2, and 3, Other M, and Samus Returns all fall on the realistic side of things.  And all on weaker hardware than Switch.  

Seriously, did everyone just forget all the realistic style games on the PS3, 360, Wii U, and even the Wii from time to time?  The idea that they can't do a more realistic style because the Switch is too weak is beyond silly.

Yep, even PS1 or N64. I think people are confusing a game that looks realistic - "OMG I can hardly tell it's a VIDYA GAEM" and what is actually meant, a realistic art style. MGS had a realistic art style, Golden Eye had a realistic art style.

Power of the system is not relevant to the question poised.

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
Miyamotoo said:

Bandai Namco is developing game.

At this point that is almost certain thing even without official confirmation.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-02-08-yes-namco-bandai-is-working-on-metroid-prime-4

Miyamotoo said:
Vodacixi said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-02-08-yes-namco-bandai-is-working-on-metroid-prime-4

We only know Bandai Namco is working on a FPS/Adventure game for the Switch. Although it may very well be Metroid Prime, it could be another different game. It's uncertain.

Nuvendil said:
Aeolus451 said:

It depends on what they want to do in the game. People forget that quite a few games were showed at first with realistic graphics then downgraded to a "stylized" version later on. If they wanted realistic graphics, something would have to sacrificed. The NS will limit what they can do with the game since it's not a true home console. It all depends on what exactly nintendo wants to do in the game and what want to prioritise on. I think they'll go with a stylized look so they can do more in other parts of the game.

Nuvendil said:
Aeolus451 said:

It's playground mentality.  Years ago, I remember visiting my brother on vacation and hanging out with my nephew.  I was telling him about the Wii U that I had just gotten when it had launched the previous Fall.  His response was, "Wii U?  I heard that has Atari level graphics."  Because that's what the "hardcore" gamer kids at his school told him.  On my next visit, I brought the Wii U with me and he was completely enamored with it. 

Vodacixi said:
Miyamotoo said:

We only know Bandai Namco is working on a FPS/Adventure game for the Switch. Although it may very well be Metroid Prime, it could be another different game. It's uncertain.

Internet rumours this week pegged Bandai Namco as being the mystery studio behind Metroid Prime 4 - something multiple sources have now confirmed to Eurogamer as being accurate.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 11 May 2018